• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 ht2012

ht2012

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 25 2012 - 05:44 AM

Hello, I have recently purchased a house and I got the below details from the seller about the pre wiring that is done in this house. As I am new to this setup, could someone comment if it would be easy to setup in ceiling speakers based on the pre-wiring schema we have. The Ethernet, coax, and telephone wires from the house all converge into the enclosed box (hub) in the office/den closet. The cables can be connected in flexible configurations to meet the needs of the homeowner (it’s not hard wired). We’ve changed the network model several times over the years as we have added or moved our TVs, DVRs, computer and wireless AP location, etc. I try to minimize Wi-Fi radiation and boost speed by using wired lan. Also, when I changed cable service providers, I used the hub to route the signal through the house to reduce the number of DVRs. Lots of possibilities. The cabling doesn’t have a speaker wire. A bundle of 2 high speed cat-5e ethernet network cables plus 2 coax cables run to the office/den, and both upstairs front bedrooms. There is coax cable to the master bedroom and the living room. Appreciate your response. Thanks

#2 of 2 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Advanced Member

• 5,335 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 28 2012 - 03:02 PM

Stephen, welcome to HTF! I apologize for the advertisement that has been directed at you. That is a no-no here at HTF. As Casey said, you need speaker wire. Is your living room going to have your home theater? If so, you can have the builder run the speaker wire to where you need it to be, and install the speakers later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users