What's new

Speaker placement advice needed ..... (1 Viewer)

tekwizrd

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I have Bose Acoustimass 10 cubes and a sub. I have two cubes on each channel for 200 watts per channel. I have had these speakers for some time now and recently started to dig into placement again a bit further. I have a 16 x 13 ft room. I installed the two fronts and two rears in the top corners near the cieling. The center speaker sits on top of the TV which would place it about four foot off of the floor and about 2 feet in front of the front speakers. I am thinking of moving the fronts and rears down to about half way down the walls level with the center channel. Looking for some advice if this is the right move. It will take some significant rewiring, Another thought is to add four more speakers and go 9.1. If I decide to that I'd like some advice on matching the Bose speakers. Thanks in advance!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
*belongs in the speaker forum No offense, but those speakers CANNOT handle 200W. They would quickly expire. In the corners near the ceiling is fine for a bar, but not for your home theater. Speakers should be at ear level when seated in the listening position, so bringing them down would be a good idea. There are no matching speakers for Bose except Bose. You can only add speakers to a Bose system to the point that the bass module has connections, since the crossover is in the bass module not the cubes. That means these speakers really should be attached only to the bass module and not directly to the receiver. Based on that, to add more speakers, you would need to add another 2.1 set from them for them to properly match. My advice? Sell them and get some better speakers. Bose still pull in good money used for the same reason that people buy them: the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks