What's new

Hour Of The Gun (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
There was a thread here earlier about this title and some others released in Australia - the image quality was mentioned as being pretty good. It is also region free. Anyone here have this and care to comment? I just ordered a copy and am looking forward to watching it.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
A region-free Blu-ray of HOUR OF THE GUN ? Ordered it from where?
HouroftheGun.jpg
HourOfTheGun1967-UA-one-1.jpg

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I found a seller on U.S. ebay from New Zealand that has a few copies - the price was actually better than most online sites that I checked with postage at 3.00. If you do a search on ebay it is easy to find as there is only one other seller offering it. For anyone else interested I hope to have a report on how good the transfer is on something over 100" when it arrives. It is also great that they use the poster art shown here on the cover.

Brent Avery said:
I found a seller on U.S. ebay from New Zealand that has a few copies - the price was actually better than most online sites that I checked with postage at 3.00. If you do a search on ebay it is easy to find as there is only one other seller offering it. For anyone else interested I hope to have a report on how good the transfer is on something over 100" when it arrives. It is also great that they use the poster art shown here on the cover.
Hey, Brent. I have a 120" diagonal 2.35 screen and Hour Of The Gun looks nice. The color is good. There is some minor dust or dirt at times but nothing different from most unrestored older movies. Sharpness is decent although you can distinguish the dupe shots (fades, dissolves) pretty easily from the regular footage. All in all, I am quite happy with it.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Thank you John for your thoughts on this blu ray - the 2:35 I screen I use is just a bit larger. so hearing that it looks decent at your size is reassuring - seems I can't get enough of these older westerns or even most older films for that matter, especially in 2:35 or wider. Hoping the Poseidon Adventure coming up looks good - and looking forward to Jeremiah Johnson among others. I'm surprised there is seemingly little interest in this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks