What's new

BD-Rom Speed for Playback?? (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
12X BD is perfectly fine.. most get by with 4. What you may be running into is that your BDROM should be on an AHCI controller type. If your controller is set to IDE, you may run into issues.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Thnx For a while there did NOt think anyone posted here anymore was awfull Quiet for some time..
I ended up getting a 6x BD Rom that seemed to work fine with my PC..
3D On my Computer with a screen equal to a 45" 16:9 Screen looked pretty cool.. I sat about 3 feet from it so it looked pretty big..
I do have a Triplescreen setup but that way I set it up I had the main screen and a little bit showing on the left and right making it about a 45" 16:9 Screen looked pretty cool and especially cool in 3D..
I had to get an older copy of TMT5 as the newer version does NOT Support Analog Connections anymore according to Jason from TMT5 Website.. some licensing issues with Sony so they dropped Analog Connections as it needed to be HDCP Complient which kinda stinks as I have analog Connections but I got it working NP and Hopefully will get my HT upgraded with the 3D System..

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Analog connections are being terminated on all set top boxes, unless they transmit non-HD content. For a PC, that's an impossibility... so there is that issue.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Yes I have the SATA on AHCI and I double checked to be sure thnx for the tip..
Well I did get the 3D Blu ray working with TMT5 version 5.0.1.87 it had VGA Support, which Jason@Arcsoft told me they and other companies have to Remove Support for Analog connections..
Sony had insisted on such a change for their new licensing requirements for BD. So it the near Futire Analog connections will NO longer be supported or offered as a solution..
Kinda stupid but oh well I found a permanent solution that works with my VGA Connected DLP Projectors..So I will enjou 3D Blu ray for sometime to come..
I was thinking of getting a HD Supported Reciever and hook it up to my PC so I can decode the HD formats. I will need to find a Reciever that has the 7.1 pre amp inputs so I can hook my Sound Card to the Reciever..
Any Reccomendations and a $300-$400 Reciever that decodes the HD Formats along with having the 7.1 Analog Pre amp inputs??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks