Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help me pick a new TV!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted March 24 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hi. I have projector and screen, however, I like to keep a flat panel behind it for watching non-movies and it's time to upgrade. I'm looking for something around 46 inches. I'd like to spend no more than $1600- or so. I have all the audio I need as well as Apple TV and I plan to get a Blu-Ray player. I suppose I would like at least 4 HDMI ports. I don't care about internet or 3D. LCD, plasma or whatever, I don't care. I will mostly use it to watch movies (If I don't feel like pulling down the screen) , NBA games etc. I don't play video games. I noticed this Sony on Amazon today: http://www.amazon.co...no_cart_title_1 It lists for $2599- but is 49% off for $1329- Good deal? I'm a little nervous about Sony TV's, I've heard mixed things about newer Sony TV's. Anyone have a good recommendation? I'd like to order direct from Amazon as they have a good return policy.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted March 24 2012 - 10:56 AM

Without you narrowing things down to a certain technology, this is kind of silly. The possibilities are virtually endless. It's like asking what car to buy.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted March 24 2012 - 11:15 AM

Well, I'm open to formats. If anyone has a set in the 46-inch range in my price range that proved reliable with a great picture, I'd love to hear about it.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted March 24 2012 - 01:19 PM

Have you looked at the different TV technologies at Best Buy, etc? If not, you really should do that to see which you prefer. They all have a different look to them.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,368 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 08:14 AM

Depending on what part of the country you live in: Arizona, Utah, Colorado: Ultimate Electronics Washington, Texas, Oregon, Nevada, Indiana, Illinois, Georgia and California: Fry's Electronics, Costco Try some of the specialty home theater stores and new egg and Modia.com, they are located in Texas (http://www.modia.com/) I would look at Samsung, Panasonic and Sony and maybe Mitsubishi and JVC. But I would stay away from LG formally known as Goldstar!
Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose & LG!