Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PLEASE HELP WITH MY SET-UP IS THERE A FIX

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   lfcwhoelse

lfcwhoelse

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted March 24 2012 - 02:05 AM

HI, BASICALLY I HAVE A WORKING HOME CINEMA SYSTEM (LG 2.1), SONY EX503 TV, PHILIPS BLU RAY AND PS3, ALL OF WHICH ARE CONNECTED VIA HDMI FROM MY TV TO THE HOME CINEMA SYSTEM. I GET ALL THE DECENT SOUND THROUGH ALL THE HARDWARE. THE ISSUE I AM HAVING IS THAT WHEN I PLAY A GAME ON MY PS3 AND HAVE THE HOME CINEMA ON THE SOUND IS GREAT BUT WHEN I WHAT TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET FROM THE PS3 AND USE ANY OF THE BUILT IN PROGRAMS (E.G MUSIC .. YOUTUBE ETC ) I CAN NOT GET SOUND COMING THROUGH THE HOME CINEMA JUST THROUGH THE TV VOLUME (WHICH IS NOT GOOD). MY INTERNET CONNECTION IS IN ANOTHER ROOM. DOES ANYONE KNOW HO I CAN GET ROUND THIS ...:confused::confused:

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,548 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted March 27 2012 - 09:42 AM

Let me check what settings are available for HDMI audio on the PS3, since I am guessing it is related to that. There should be an option for sending PCM or Raw and that may affect what gets passed through to the system. Posted Image
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   dexter419

dexter419

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 08:21 AM

Just to confirm you havethe HDMI cable from your PS3 connected to the TV, and the TV has a HDMI out that is connected to your reciever? I have it the other way around: PS3 -Stereo-TV and there is no issue. Are you playing music that is stored on your PS3, streamed from a media server, or using one of the online connections?

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   lfcwhoelse

lfcwhoelse

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 06:22 AM

Just to confirm you havethe HDMI cable from your PS3 connected to the TV, and the TV has a HDMI out that is connected to your reciever? I have it the other way around: PS3 -Stereo-TV and there is no issue. Are you playing music that is stored on your PS3, streamed from a media server, or using one of the online connections?

I want to be able to hear streamed music (youtube, iplayer, 4od etc) from my ps3 which is just a normal online connection. My connections are... Optical cable from tv to lg home cinema Blu ray player to TV via hdmi sky box to TV via hdmi ps3 to TV via hdmi I get sound from the above from the lg home cinema for all (including ps3 games) .... but no sound for internet content from ps3 (streaming etc)

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   lfcwhoelse

lfcwhoelse

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 06:23 AM

Optical cable out from TV to the stereo may work.

Tried that does not work ;(

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,548 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted April 02 2012 - 05:03 AM

Does the LG system have HDMI? The setup you describe, as mentioned by Dexter419, is generally the opposite of how one would normally connect a system. Typically you would send everything to the receiver and then from the receiver to the TV. The optical cable from the TV may not pass all audio through, and that is most likely what is happening here. If the sysetm does not have HDMI, an alternative would be to go optical directly from the PS3 to the receiver.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   lfcwhoelse

lfcwhoelse

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted April 02 2012 - 11:14 PM

Thanks to everyone replied managed to get the problem sorted by connecting the optical from LG home cinema to back of ps3 optical. The thing now is to get a toslink optical adapter to connect the other devices. Thanks again to everyone :)