Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

Melancholia Blu-Ray Review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   mikeyhitchfan

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor

• 521 posts
  • LocationCosta Mesa CA

Posted March 29 2012 - 07:53 AM

I liked the first 20 minutes and the last half of this film very much, but found the early scenes got boring and repetitive.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   owen35

owen35

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted May 01 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hmm..  I'd have to go back and look.. there are moments where the artistic impact is bright changes, but I but I don't know if I picked up much banding.. Do you have specific scenes?
I haven't had a chance to watch the film again, but I did found this paragraph from a review on another site. I just loaded the disc and checked it again and I did notice it. "Only a few minor blemishes mar a perfect presentation. There's a touch of banding around the approaching planet as Justene lays naked under it, like she's waiting to give herself to a lover."
=============
Visit My Site: DavidLean.com
Read My Book: David Lean: Interviews

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   AL KUENSTER

AL KUENSTER

Second Unit

• 359 posts

Posted May 02 2012 - 11:33 AM

My wife and I watched this a couple of weeks ago and both of us thought the film did not work for us. We did not care about any of the characters. The video was very good. I probably enjoyed the beginning more than anything else.. I did like Breaking the Waves which I have on dvd.
Al Kuenster

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blu-ray Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users