Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

LG BD670 won't play 3D Bluray..HELP!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Winman42

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted March 21 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hey everyone. I'm having a hell of a time with my LG BD670. It wont play most of my 3D bluray discs. Apparently the player doesn't see that it's connected to a 3D television. I have twelve 3D bluray discs, but only 3 of them will play: Conan, Priest, and Resident Evil Afterlife. The others all give me an error that the player is not connected to a 3D TV, which it is. The tv is a Samsung PN50 C 680 I had this issue originally with Captain America, and LG told me to 'reset' the unit, which did NOT work. Any help would be appreciated, if someone else has experienced this issue. The LG unit is connected to the tv via HDMI, but it goes thru an HDMI splitter. Winston

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Winman42

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted March 21 2012 - 05:59 PM

Well, I think I figured out the problem. My BD signal was going out of the LG unit via HDMI, into an HDMI switch box, and then to my receiver. So the video and audio was going to my ONKYO receiver via the single HDMI connection. I just ran the HDMI direct from the LG Bluray unit into the tv, and the discs all work now. So I guess for 'some' of the discs, the HDMI switch box is preventing the bluray unit from sensing the 3D capable tv. Looks like i'll need a different switch box at the least. Winston

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,987 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted March 22 2012 - 02:21 AM

Winston,

It's really too bad all 3D Blu-Ray players didn't include two HDMI outputs from the get-go.  For so many folks, being forced to upgrade their receiver to one that supports 3D in order to get 3D video AND lossless audio is a big drawback.

IMO, it's just another way the whole 3D thing wasn't very well thought out by equipment manufacturers.

Regardless, I hope you're enjoying your system.  Thanks for following up with the solution/workaround!

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Winman42

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted March 22 2012 - 03:08 AM

Yeah, this kinda sucks. What i did last night was plug the bluray output direct into the tv, start the film, then switch it back to the hdmi switcher, and it still worked. So if I want to switch cables on the fly each time, i'm set. HAHA What I can't figure out is why do 4 of my 12 3D Bluray discs work fine with the switcher setup, but the other 8 don't? Is there something on some of the discs that makes the Bluray player check for a 3D compatible disc? Weird, and confusing. Winston

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   megancheung

megancheung

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 02:11 PM

the same... in boardreader...

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   megancheung

megancheung

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 02:12 PM

the same...in boardreader...

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Winman42

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted May 24 2012 - 05:58 PM

Wow, I thought I had this issue sorted, but now it's happening on regular Bluray discs. Tried to watch MIB, and the tv would not sense a signal. I had to feed the tv a signal direct from the LG bluray unit. This is nuts. I'm thining maybe its the Monoprice splitter that is not sending the signal.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,078 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 25 2012 - 09:35 AM

I would've chalked it up to the fact that the discs you've named are flagged for both 2D and 3D playback, except that only two out of 3 are. Weird.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,536 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted May 25 2012 - 09:39 AM

I am not impressed with my Monoprice HDMI switcher. It would not work with my Apple TV hooked up to it, and would only work with the PS3 hooked up to a certain port. Very flakey.

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Winman42

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted May 26 2012 - 01:52 AM

Well, I might have to look at the switcher as well. I'm just confused because all my other components work fine, except the bluray unit. I originally thought it was a problem with 3D discs, but now it's acting up on newer 2D films. Makes me wonder if there is some new copy protection that is not being sent over the HDMI cables or this switcher. Win

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,987 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted May 26 2012 - 05:49 AM

There was a firmware update for your player dated 4.10.12.

Link is here.

Give that a try and see if it helps.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,078 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 26 2012 - 08:10 AM

After that, try running your 3D BD player through your receiver and not the switch. If the problem goes away, you'll know where your weak link lies.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   monsterbeats

monsterbeats

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 28 2012 - 03:38 AM

Christian Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutins Christian Louboutin Christian Louboutin pumps Christian Louboutin sale Christian Louboutin outlet true religion jeans true religion true religion sale cheap true religion true religion outlet beats by dre dr dre beats monster beats beat by dre dr dre beat monster beat Christian Louboutin Shoe Christian Louboutin pump true religion jean true religion jeans outlet

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   ed5150

ed5150

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 04:56 AM

I tried something similar with my Sony STR DH710 with the update and I was informed that another issue is all devices connected to the receiver must be 3D enabled (including cable or satellite). I am hoping changing the HDMI cable to a high speed cable will correct this as I cannot find any 3d setting on the Verizon Fios box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users