-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Netflix search no longer shows dvd titles?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Dennis*G

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted March 20 2012 - 03:31 PM

I have the streaming only plan now, but I could search and it would show me movies that were both instant and DVD (and give me the option to get a dvd plan also) now tonight I went to do a search, and it ONLY searches for things in the streaming side, it no longer shows me any DVD choices at all. Anyone else notice this behavior? Stupid really, now I cannot rate movies that I might have gotten somewhere else (redbox / library) but I no longer get more movies that might interest me if it's not streaming!

#2 of 2 ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,467 posts

Posted March 20 2012 - 11:13 PM

I just confirmed that I now get the same returns on searches.  I too have only the streaming plan and when I search on "Avatar" for instance it will only return things like "Avatar: The Last Air Bender" (animated) as an option.

I suppose that since I only pay for streaming that it somehow makes sense I can only search streaming titles.

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink: