Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Announcement: Sherlock Season Two (BBC) (Blu-ray) (DVD)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,624 posts

Posted March 16 2012 - 08:24 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,536 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 16 2012 - 08:36 AM

Excellent! After the cliffhanger in Series 1, I can't wait to see Series 2!

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   jim_falconer

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor

• 500 posts

Posted March 18 2012 - 04:18 AM

Excellent news!  Season one was so good.  The two leads really play their parts well, and the story-writing was top notch!  Looking forward to this in a big way.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   GlennH

GlennH

Screenwriter

• 2,126 posts

Posted March 18 2012 - 10:37 AM

I didn't want to wait. Since my Oppo Blu-ray player handles 50 Hz sourced video (converts to 60 Hz perfectly), I ordered the region free Series 1 & 2 set from the UK in early February. Watched all of the S2 episodes, which played flawlessly. They're great, even better than S1, especially the finale. Highly Recommended if your player is capable. list of players that will handle 50 Hz: http://forum.blu-ray...ead.php?t=95245 http://www.amazon.co...duct/B006K1IIHA (Complete Series One & Two)

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,630 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 19 2012 - 12:19 AM

Series one of Sherlock was one of my favorite TV events of last season. I can't wait to see this season's three episodes.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,404 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted March 19 2012 - 01:25 PM

You won't be disappointed in at least two of the three episodes. They are even better, if that is possible, than series one's three offerings. I thought the adaptation of "The Hound of the Baskervilles" was the series first "miss," so to speak, and even it is better television than nearly every other series I have seen. This show gets my highest recommendation. Certainly the best SHERLOCK HOLMES ever created (even better than Jeremy Brett, in my opinion--and that's saying something).

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   MattAlbie60

MattAlbie60

Supporting Actor

• 561 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted March 19 2012 - 11:47 PM

I agree -- out of all six, the only one I was disappointed with was THE HOUNDS OF BASKERVILLE. The plot is weak, the adaptation is weak, but as usual, the characters and the performances are strong enough for it to get by. The other two in the series, though? Especially the first one? Marvelous.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   jim_falconer

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor

• 500 posts

Posted March 20 2012 - 05:13 AM

I also agree with the above comments.  The first show from Season One was absolutely television at it's best.  I enjoy how they moved the detective into modern day England...very unique indeed!

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,536 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 20 2012 - 05:23 AM

I'm not waiting...I ordered the set from Amazon.co.uk. I'll probably do the same for Downton Abbey.