Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ONKYO HT-S5405B 5.1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   jonnybonny

jonnybonny

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hi there, Ive got ONKYO HT-S5405B 5.1 Home Cinema AV Receiver Speaker Package and ive got my ps3 conntected to it with a hdmi lead and it all works fine apart from im a little confused when i switch my receiver to my ps3 it shows a dolby sign on the front panel of my amp then soon as i put a game of dvd into ps3 it dissapears i also use a preset PLLMOVIE n then it goes to all channel sterio for some reason can someone please help me out and would very much appreciate it thanks,

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted March 16 2012 - 12:58 AM

I don't remember exactly where it is, in the menus, but you need to go into the ps3's setup menus and set the audio output to "Bitstream", if the ps3 is the "slim" model. If it's an old "fat" model, set the output to PCM. Also, make sure the receiver is set to "Auto". Page 39 of the online manual explains this, at top right of page, under "HDMI Through". The HDMI 1 input is factory set for BD/DVD. I'd use that input for the ps3, instead of HDMI 4, which is for Game, since you'll be using it to play blu ray movies. Good luck! Let us know how it goes............... :)
Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...