What's new

DVD Burn interrupted - is the blank a coaster (1 Viewer)

jw4444

Auditioning
Real Name
J wright
So I'm making Video DVDs on my 'puter (using CyberLink Power2Go software) using (cheap) DVD-R blanks. Most burns go ok but a few have been "interrupted" (even tho i burn at conservative 4x speed and (suposedly) have buffer under-run protection). In some case at about 10%, sometimes 50% through. As I said the blanks are cheap and I know DVD-Rs cannot be erased/reformatted per-se, but there's clearly alot of unrecorded space on them so I'm wondering if there any thing I can do (any software that will) delete or 'cover up' the stuff that was recorded and recover the disc as a usable blank albeit with less than the normal capacity. OR, perhaps 'clean up' the stuff that was recorded as a usable (viewable) track and (perhaps) I can use the rest of the disc to add stuff in another session. Or are these blanks only good for drink coasters, target practice, etc. Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks