Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 3-13-2012

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 of 41 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,492 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 10 2012 - 04:05 PM

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 41 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted March 10 2012 - 04:14 PM

Tintin 3D for me from Best Buy. Wonder if the $3 coupon & the triple points apply to it or just the dvd & blu ray combo pack? Thanks for the roundup, Mike.

#3 of 41 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,033 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 10 2012 - 04:51 PM

Thanks Mike.  TinTin for me, American Pie when they go on sale for $9.99 sometime later this year.  For those of you who still don't have Kick Ass or Scott Pilgrim, they are well worth the $9.99 sale price at Best Buy.  Both have had multiple repeat viewings (and are due for another round) in the Gregorich house.

#4 of 41 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,955 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 10 2012 - 05:29 PM

The adult in me held off on three releases I was going to grab from last week...and nothing again this week.  Though I may not be able to hold out through the rest of the week.  I'm weak when it comes to those discs... Thanks Mike!

#5 of 41 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 927 posts

Posted March 10 2012 - 05:37 PM

I had hoped for a better price on the 35th anniversary of Wizards. I may wait for a drop.
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#6 of 41 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,269 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 11 2012 - 12:46 AM

Thanks as always, Mike, for the RoundUp.

I'll have the review for The Killing up later today. My Week with Marilyn should be up tomorrow. I'm expecting Wizards and The Descendants this week, but they haven't arrived yet.

#7 of 41 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,931 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 02:56 AM

Thanks for the roundup, Mike. My Tintin review will be going up this afternoon. Excellent movie and terrific disc!

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#8 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,966 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 11 2012 - 03:10 AM

I'll be picking up The Adventures of Tintin and maybe Young Adult this week. I may get the American Pies when they go on sale (which could be in a few weeks when the new movie opens). The Descendants is well worth a rental. Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

#9 of 41 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,520 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 03:17 AM

Tempted to rent The Killing....but nothing for me this week!

#10 of 41 ONLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 941 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 03:59 AM

Im getting...Tin Tin, My Week with Marylin, Happy Feet 2 3D, Wallace and Grommit and also several not mentioned this week but are coming out: Doctor Who Tomb of the Cyberman. Doctor Who The Three Doctors, Doctor Who Face of Evil, Doctor Who Robots of Death
"Fasten your seatbelts - it's going to be a bumpy night."

#11 of 41 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,492 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 11 2012 - 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Towergrove [url=/t/319175/weekly-roundup-3-13-2012#post_3905554] $29.99  

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#12 of 41 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,492 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 11 2012 - 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich   this movie really spoke to my childhood in that way.  Great premise.

One of the things I found the most fun was the constant realization on the part of the characters about how difficult it would be to be a superhero in the real world...but to then, as a viewer, get caught up in some of the amazing action sequences only to be challenged to suspend your belief that these characters could really be performing these acts.

Hit Girl absolutely stole the film.

Many HTF members said it's one of their favorite films of recent years.  [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/303340/a-few-words-about-kick-ass-in-blu-ray]Even RAH loved it!

#13 of 41 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,882 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 07:12 AM

Yeah, both Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim are highly recommendable for anyone not likely to find them offensive. My wife actually liked Kick-Ass a lot -- more so than Scott Pilgrim. Then again, she does generally prefer action flix a bit more than so-called chick flix. :D Anyhoo, thanks for another WRU, Mike. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#14 of 41 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,679 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for the RoundUp Mike. Lots of rentals for me this week, but no purchases. How are you feeling Mike? I hope you are doing better.

#15 of 41 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,492 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 11 2012 - 08:26 AM

[quote]Originally Posted by DavidJ [url=/t/319175/weekly-roundup-3-13-2012#post_3905614] 

And, thanks to David (and everyone else) for your best wishes.

#16 of 41 ONLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,036 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, both Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim are highly recommendable for anyone not likely to find them offensive. My wife actually liked Kick-Ass a lot -- more so than Scott Pilgrim. Then again, she does generally prefer action flix a bit more than so-called chick flix. :D Anyhoo, thanks for another WRU, Mike. _Man_

I own both and enjoyed both movies very much. Jacob

#17 of 41 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,882 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 12:51 PM

Sorry to hear that it's been that serious -- guess I missed much of the detail posted before. Glad to hear that you're still able to find some joy and peace despite all that though. Will be praying for you then... Peace... _Man_

How are you feeling Mike? I hope you are doing better.

Well...I wasn't going to make a big deal about it...but since I've been discussing it along the way... I was actually back in the hospital this past week--again.  After the recent round of blood clots and pulmonary embolisms, I was put on a lifetime of blood thinners (not an unusual decision considering it ws my time of throwing a blood clot from my legs into my lungs). But, weirdly, I threw yet another clot this past week--even though on the blood thinners.  THAT'S not good.  So I had to go in and get a filter installed in my vena cava to catch any errant clots.  The procedure went extremely well...but the appearance of new clots has set back a lot of the progress I had made after the long bout with pneumonia and the first round of clots.  But, I'm just thrilled to still be ticking and churning out RoundUps!  :D   And, thanks to David (and everyone else) for your best wishes.   

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#18 of 41 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,931 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 01:35 PM

Mike, my review for The Adventures of Tintin can be found here

Stay well!!

Neil

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#19 of 41 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,492 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 11 2012 - 02:01 PM

And Matt's review of The Killing can be found HERE.

But, I'm afraid we've had an incident with the pricing grids this week and links are sorta problematic at the moment. 

#20 of 41 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,269 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 11 2012 - 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon [url=/t/319175/weekly-roundup-3-13-2012#post_3905703]

Thanks for finding the review, Mike. Much appreciated even if there are problems with the links this week. No biggie for sure.

P.S. I still plan right now to have My Week with Marilyn up tomorrow night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users