Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

THE TAMARIND SEED (1974) multi-region DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted March 09 2012 - 08:07 AM

I wonder if anyone owns this Korean edition: http://www.amazon.co...f=cm_cr_pr_pb_t How is the picture quality, and is it in authentic widescreen? Sometimes I have good luck with Korean editions, and sometimes not.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,369 posts

Posted March 09 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yes, I have that Korean edition. The picture quality is excellent and it is in its original 2.35 wide screen ratio. BUT it is not anamorphic but 4x3 letterbox.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted March 09 2012 - 03:04 PM

Thank you, Thomas T. For that you get a free poster: Posted Image

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit

• 287 posts

Posted March 09 2012 - 03:25 PM

I love this movie, but unfortunately all the DVDs that I know about are non-anamorphic. I doubt this film is popular enough to motivate a blu-ray remastering, even in the UK.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,010 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 10 2012 - 12:35 AM

Thanks for the poster. I have fond memories of the movie from seeing it on its initial release. I don't think I've seen it since then. Maybe once on television, but I've forgotten.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,369 posts

Posted March 10 2012 - 04:40 AM

For some reason, John Barry's marvelous Tamarind Seed score has never been released on vinyl or CD (though I suppose there might be a bootleg out there somewhere). It's probably my Holy Grail of unreleased soundtracks.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts

Posted March 10 2012 - 05:50 AM

That score was phenomenal! You can download the entire soundtrack (with cover art) from yuforum.net Very underrated. I'm sure we may never see this unless Lionsgate ramps up their MOD program as it is owned by them. I doubt WB owns this as Lorimar part financed it . Another film alot of us enjoyed that had a Radio City Music Hall premiere and did quite well there