Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Getting Panasonic BDP-310 to play 5.1 AC-3?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Darel51

Darel51

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 07 2012 - 06:13 AM

My wife complained about my old Panny DVD-A110 DVD player and made me get a Blu-Ray player. I selected the Panny BDP-310 because of the analog outputs, according to my research it would downconvert to match my 15-year-old Kenwood 5.1 AC-3 receiver. Well, out of the box it does not. Every Blu-Ray disc I've tried to play so far has no sound. They all show DTS something-something as the audio format, and will not play on my receiver. Kinda pissed off at my wife, I'd been saving up for an Oppo player that i knew would have worked with my recevier, but nooooooooo....she had to have something right now and I didn't have $600. So now I have to watch movies playing through my TV. Bitch. Is there some kind of setting or something I'm missing in the setup for this player that I can select it to output 5.1 AC-3? All my DVDs play fine on it, it's just the blu-ray discs with the newer audio format that won't. Thanks, Darel

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,914 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 08 2012 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to Home Theater Forum.  Your wife sounds like a keeper.  The Oppo is a great player, but for the money the Panasonic is fa great buy.  If you are using the multichannel analog outputs you actually want to output an analog PCM signal.  Goto the players setup menu and go to the audio menu.  Under Digital Audio Output select PCM under the Dolby/DTS menu (pg30 in the manual)

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Darel51

Darel51

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 08 2012 - 11:29 PM

Thanks Adam!