Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Titanic (1953) (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 of 45 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,830 posts

Posted March 05 2012 - 08:59 AM

COMMEMORATE THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE R.M.S TITANIC DISASTER WHEN THE ACADEMY AWARD® WINNING CLASSIC FILM COMES TO BLU-RAY™

Posted Image

Marking the 100th Anniversary of the Infamous Maiden Voyage,
The Iconic Film Comes to Blu-ray for the First Time April 3

Los Angeles, CA (March 5, 2012) – Coinciding with the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of the famous passenger liner, TITANICthe 1953 Academy Award® Winner for Best Writing, Story and Screenplay, bursts onto Blu-ray for the first time April 3rd from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. The influential film features a stellar cast including Golden Globe® winner and Academy Award® nominee Clifton Webb (Stars and Stripes Forever), Academy Award® and Emmy® winner Barbara Stanwyck (Double Indemnity) and Audrey Dalton (Separate Tables). Showcasing a fully re-mastered version of the film, as well as incredible special features including commentary from the cast and crew, TITANIC on Blu-ray is a must-have for any classic film enthusiast and history buff.

Determined to leave the superficial, high-society world in which her husband Richard (Clifton Webb) is engrossed, Julia Sturges (Barbara Stanwyck) boards the R.M.S. Titanic in England to travel to America, along with her two children. Hoping to reconcile with his family, Richard purchases a steerage ticket aboard the ship, unaware of the fateful events that loom ahead.

Prebook is March 7th.

TITANIC Blu-ray Special Features:
Commentary by Film Critic Richard Schickel
Commentary by Cinematographer Michael D. Lonzo, Actors Audrey Dalton and Robert Wagner, and Historian Sylvia Stoddard
MovieTone News
  “Titanic” Premiere Thrills South
  CinemaScope and “The Robe” Win Oscars
Titanic Aftermath: Audio Essay by Silvia Stoddard
Theatrical Trailer
Still Gallery

About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.

TITANIC BLU-RAY: (Catalog #2280548 U.S.)
Street Date: March 13, 2012
Prebook Date: March 7, 2012
Screen Format: 4:3 (1.33:1)
Audio: English 1.0 Mono DTS-HD-MA
  Spanish 1.0 Mono DD
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
U.S. Rating: NR
Total Run Time: 01:42:48
Closed Captioned: Yes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 45 Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted March 06 2012 - 03:16 AM

I've already pre-ordered. I like this movie, I'm a big Barbara Stanwyk fan and I think Clifton Webb was one of the most stylish and accomplished movie actors ever, much under-rated.

#3 of 45 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,505 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 20 2012 - 03:38 AM

This does not seem to be listed on Amazon anymore.  Did I miss something?

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#4 of 45 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,094 posts

Posted March 20 2012 - 04:11 AM

There was some talk that Screen Archives was going to handle it...or was it going to be exclusive from someone else for a bit? Confusing. But...you can still find it (region free) at Amazon UK.

#5 of 45 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,627 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 20 2012 - 08:16 AM

I heard that it was going to be a Walmart (Sam's Club) exclusive for awhile and that's why the Amazon listings disappeared.

#6 of 45 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,505 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 20 2012 - 08:20 AM

Thanks Bob and Matt.  I have been off the radar for awhile and things change.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#7 of 45 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted March 20 2012 - 10:02 AM

I heard that it was going to be a Walmart (Sam's Club) exclusive for awhile and that's why the Amazon listings disappeared.

That's a bit of a relief. While I prefer it having a wider release, Wal-mart exclusives are generally well-priced.

#8 of 45 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,505 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted April 01 2012 - 07:15 AM

Well Walmart is not listing it, so I suppose that it is going to Twilight.

#9 of 45 rsmithjr

rsmithjr

Supporting Actor

• 771 posts
  • LocationPalo Alto, CA

Posted April 01 2012 - 07:29 AM

The Clifton Webb Titanic is being listed on bestbuy.com for 4/3/2012: http://www.bestbuy.c...u-ray&lp=4&cp=1 The Cameron Titanic is being listed on walmart.com in 3D Blu-ray for release on 8/14/2012. AFAIK, this is the first time a release date has been mentioned. Stay tuned while things move around a bit more.

#10 of 45 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,069 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted April 01 2012 - 07:41 AM

So Cameron's Titanic isn't going to be around for Titanic Season?

Oh, of course it will be in theaters then.  (Duh.) (Sorry.)

#11 of 45 Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted April 02 2012 - 12:20 AM

The Clifton Webb Titanic is being listed on bestbuy.com for 4/3/2012: http://www.bestbuy.c...u-ray&lp=4&cp=1 The Cameron Titanic is being listed on walmart.com in 3D Blu-ray for release on 8/14/2012. AFAIK, this is the first time a release date has been mentioned. Stay tuned while things move around a bit more.

Will we also be able to get the film as shot and originally released, or just the gimmicked-up 3D version?

#12 of 45 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,427 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 02 2012 - 01:03 AM

Will we also be able to get the film as shot and originally released, or just the gimmicked-up 3D version?

I'd imagine that both will be available and I'd bet my life that there will be a 2D version. It would make no sense to cripple Blu-ray sales of the second highest grossing movie ever made by limiting it to people who own 3D TVs.

#13 of 45 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts

Posted April 02 2012 - 05:28 AM

I'd imagine that both will be available and I'd bet my life that there will be a 2D version. It would make no sense to cripple Blu-ray sales of the second highest grossing movie ever made by limiting it to people who own 3D TVs.

I believe that the 2D version of Cameron's Titanic is coming to Blu later this month. The 3D version, which is soon to be in the theaters, will not be released until August. A few weeks back, I noticed that the 1953 Titanic had made the OOP listing at DVDTalk. Someone said that it meant that the release was cancelled. Is it going to be a Best Buy exclusive or is Best Buy just late updating its website? It would be nice if someone from Fox would clarify the status of this as the original press release indicated a general release.

#14 of 45 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,427 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 02 2012 - 05:34 AM

I believe that the 2D version of Cameron's Titanic is coming to Blu later this month.

I think that was a rumor at one point but since it hasn't been announced yet, it's most likely not getting released until the fall.

#15 of 45 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,069 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted April 05 2012 - 08:55 AM

Has the 1953 Titanic been sighted in any Best Buy stores?  Their half-assed web page shows this NEW release as

Backordered:   Usually leaves our warehouse within 1-2 weeks

http://www.bestbuy.c...u-ray&lp=4&cp=1

Man oh man.

#16 of 45 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,477 posts

Posted April 05 2012 - 09:19 AM

Has the 1953 Titanic been sighted in any Best Buy stores?  Their half-assed web page shows this NEW release as Backordered:    Usually leaves our warehouse within 1-2 weeks
http://www.bestbuy.c...u-ray&lp=4&cp=1 Man oh man.

Have not seen it at my BB.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#17 of 45 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,505 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted April 05 2012 - 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chas in CT 

Has the 1953 Titanic been sighted in any Best Buy stores?  Their half-assed web page shows this NEW release as

Backordered:   Usually leaves our warehouse within 1-2 weeks

Man oh man.

I haven[t seen it either and checked a few stores.  Saw the same thing on their web site, so let's hear if for the exclusives that are elusive.

#18 of 45 Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 1,925 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 09:35 AM

I contacted Bill Hunt and he said he would report on it on THE BITS. I also had a talk with Amazon which stated the following. Your order will be sent to you. The orders for the movie went beyond the number we ordered from Fox. I then received today an email with the report TODAY that I must reorder it again. Fox has pulled it from their website

#19 of 45 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,505 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted April 10 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm starting to wonder if Fox has decided to either let it be released through Twilight Time or release it themselves through SAE as they are doing with The Grapes Of Wrath and Zorba the Greek.

#20 of 45 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,069 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted April 10 2012 - 01:24 PM

Amazing.  Just amazing.  I was thinking, what a great new updated definition of "vaporware", but it looks like it was actually released in the UK this week and is readily available from Amazon UK.  (It says Region B, but you never know.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users