Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (AMC)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
968 replies to this topic

#21 of 969 OFFLINE   SamT

SamT

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 08:09 AM

By the way, do you guys remember that first person that Walt killed was not a "bad" guy. I mean he was DEA's informant, so he actually killed an innocent person before that kill in season 2.
Here since 1999!

trakt is a fun way to see what we watch and rate. Add me if you are in this thread!

#22 of 969 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 27 2012 - 08:45 AM

By the way, do you guys remember that first person that Walt killed was not a "bad" guy. I mean he was DEA's informant, so he actually killed an innocent person before that kill in season 2.

Crazy 8 was going to murder Walt and Jesse so I wouldn't consider him to be innocent. Presumably, the information Crazy 8 was giving up to the DEA on other criminals (like his own cousin) was worth the cost of allowing him to continue his criminal activities.

#23 of 969 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,108 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted June 27 2012 - 09:25 AM

Mike: Oh my...I appear to have soiled myself.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#24 of 969 OFFLINE   DeeF

DeeF

Screenwriter

• 1,677 posts

Posted July 01 2012 - 03:11 PM

My prediction: Walt will kill Jesse in the first half season, and Walt himself will be killed at the end by... Walt Jr.

#25 of 969 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,108 posts

Posted July 07 2012 - 02:43 AM

Lots of spoilery goodness in the latest trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m9mjziiF-w&feature=player_embedded [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]
  • Jesse diving in front of Mike's gun(!!).
  • Saul: "The police may call..."
  • Hank: "This Heisenberg... he's a ghost."
  • Walt with hair and a beard!
  • Mike: "Do you even know what you've done!?"
[/SPOILER] http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#26 of 969 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,905 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 15 2012 - 09:54 PM

Another WTF opening that should be explained next summer or something. It's always a good episode when Walt has cooked up some crazy scheme.

#27 of 969 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,904 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 12:36 AM

I could be way off and I have no basis for this prediction, but my thinking is this first part of season 5 (we'll call it 5a) will lead up to this week's opening.  Then 5b will pick up from that point in time.

Really enjoyed the episode.

So there are now 3 more people (the guys at the junk yard) that know Walt is no good (I'm assuming they don't know his name though).  But the more people that know, even if just by appearance...

Loved Mike's line about "Miller Time".

#28 of 969 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,108 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 03:04 AM

#29 of 969 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,108 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 03:11 AM

Perfect start to the season. Love that Walt might have unknowingly fucked himself even further, the way he always does. Chances are extremely low that Fring was dumb enough to actually save anything on his laptop (though I guess we'll never know) on the information behind the scenes...on the other hand, it probably never would've been found if it weren't for Mr. "Because I Say So." Which, in itself, feels like something Walt's been waiting the better part of the last four seasons to say. He's finally completely, utterly in charge. Which means the fall is going to be epic. A whole buncha thoughts from last night:
  • Magnets! The Juggalos were right. Also, I think we just saw a possible future episode of Mythbusters...
  • "You know, I can foresee a lot of possible outcomes to this thing, and not a single one of them involves 'Miller Time'." GODDAMN DID I MISS YOU, MIKE.
  • Man, Mike owned most of the episode, then Walter just goes and become creepy in the last few minutes, and takes the show right back.
  • Oh man, what is that Grand Cayman bank-account going to lead to?
  • I liked how Walt's "I forgive you"-thing was trading on Skyler's confessed fear of him. Very sinister. (But, then again, Skyler used fear to her advantage, too, when she realized Ted was afraid.)
  • Also, looks like we're back to puzzling opening scenes from the future, à la Season Two! I'm curious about that cold-open, and it could be something we don't see until the back half of the season. Then again, I'm also wondering if it might be the very last part of the series. That'd be kinda amazing if they gave us the very end right at the beginning, and I can see it being somehow satisfying if they build up to it right. Great start; I just wish the show was longer.
And finally: I don't think that I've ever heard the words "I forgive you" be so menacing before. Welcome back, Breaking Bad.

#30 of 969 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,108 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 03:20 AM

.http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ I kinda hope Hank and Mike are the only two characters left alive by the last episode. I don't think Walt Jr. will make it out alive. (I just hope he gets one last good breakfast.) Of all my Breaking Bad predictions to be blown away, though, I'm most pleasantly surprised that there's no way the Internet's going to spend the first 4-5 episodes of this season incorrectly saying "Nothing's happened!" Walt Jr.'s going out. But, his death is going to break Heisenberg -- I think losing Skyler or Holly (to death or flight) would trigger Nuclear Heisenberg, but Walt Jr.'s on a different plane for him. And that was Walt at Denny's (bad hair and all), and wherever he's going with the Big-Ass Gun™ will be Walt trying to summon Heisenberg, or at least pose as him. But he's half-hearted and maybe even scared now, at the finish, and resigned to the finality of whatever that situation is. Of course, I'll probably rewatch it tonight and decide, nope, that's a toupee, and he's off to assassinate a bus full of German corporate executives, cackling and smirking. Dammit, they're good with the total-cipher framing devices.

#31 of 969 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 03:21 AM

So there are now 3 more people (the guys at the junk yard) that know Walt is no good (I'm assuming they don't know his name though).

Well, the owner already knew Walt was up to no good anyway from the disposal of the 'mobile domicile' back in Season 3. I was a little more surprised at Mike just using his hand to cover his face while he was spraypainting or whatever to block the cameras.

#32 of 969 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,598 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 05:04 AM

Fairly good season starter.  Good to have the show back.

Still wondering what the first 5 minutes were all about, but

as already summarized, we will probably find out more in

the next few episodes.

So, the mystery of the lilacs.  Has that been solved?

I could not make out what was in the baggie that Saul
showed Walt, but it sounded as if Saul admitted giving

the Lilly of the Valley berry ("Huckleberry") to the kid.

I am assuming this was under Walt's instructions.

Judging by the previews a new "baddie" is about to
walk on the scene next week.  Is he police or gang

related?  To be continued...

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#33 of 969 OFFLINE   NolanJ

NolanJ

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 05:43 AM

Fairly good season starter.  Good to have the show back. Still wondering what the first 5 minutes were all about, but as already summarized, we will probably find out more in the next few episodes. So, the mystery of the lilacs.  Has that been solved? [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!] I could not make out what was in the baggie that Saul  showed Walt, but it sounded as if Saul admitted giving the Lilly of the Valley berry ("Huckleberry") to the kid. I am assuming this was under Walt's instructions. [/SPOILER] Judging by the previews a new "baddie" is about to  walk on the scene next week.  Is he police or gang related?  To be continued...

That is why Walt dumped the plants at the beginning of the episode. Those were the Lilly of the Valleys that Walt gave to Saul.

#34 of 969 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,598 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 05:53 AM

So, the question is, did Walt concoct a plan with Saul

to give the berries to the little boy or did Saul do that on

his own?

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#35 of 969 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,904 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 

So, the question is, did Walt concoct a plan with Saul

to give the berries to the little boy or did Saul do that on

his own?

It was Walt's plan.  Saul said something to the effect of, "You brought me this stuff...I didn't know the kid would almost die."

We knew at the end of last season that it was Walt who poisoned the kid.  What we learned this week is that Saul was in on it and seems to have been the one who actually carried out the plan.

#36 of 969 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,905 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 16 2012 - 06:20 AM

BTW, it was the ricin cigarette in the baggie. I'm sure Walt will keep it around for possible future use, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sky gave it a smoke. Ew, what if Junior found it and decided to try smoking? The best use would be to slip it into Ted's pudding. Speaking of Ted, without hair, he looks like Kevin McDonald. Not that Kevin McDonald doesn't have hair. The show did need another bald man, especially if Walt's gonna grow his out. The best part about BB is that people no longer see Jonathan Banks and say, "Hey, it's that guy, ol' whatshisname!" Best guess about the opening is that Walt is in the witness protection program and coming back to the ABQ for revenge, which will end up with his family back in New Hampshire getting a target on their backs. I'm not sure he's going to die spectacularly in the finale since they are talking about a big screen movie followup. That could be misdirection/wishful thinking, I guess.

#37 of 969 OFFLINE   NolanJ

NolanJ

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 06:45 AM

I really hope they don't do a movie. This is one of the few television series that has started off strong and continued strong, with great acting, writing, pacing... pretty much everything. I don't think a movie would do this series justice. The BEAUTY of the show is the buildup from each episode to the next, not a quick story in 2-3 hours.

#38 of 969 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,904 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 07:24 AM

Please NO to the movie!!!!!  This is the first I'm hearing of that.

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H 

BTW, it was the ricin cigarette in the baggie. I'm sure Walt will keep it around for possible future use, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sky gave it a smoke. Ew, what if Junior found it and decided to try smoking? The best use would be to slip it into Ted's pudding.

One thing I made a point to notice - Walt walked out of Saul's office without taking the cigarette, at least that's how it appeared.

#39 of 969 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,905 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 16 2012 - 08:15 AM

I was too focused on Saul realizing Walt's a monster now. He was used to Walt being a low-level scared rabbit like he is, but now he's Gus. Yeah, Cranston talks up a possible movie any chance he gets. I read him saying that a month ago, and he reiterated over the weekend at Comic-Con. From his comments, he may just be answering a reporter's question in a way that doesn't close any doors, or he may just be clueless. He admits he doesn't know how the series ends or who survives. Here's a link with quotes from both Gilligan and Cranston (I think Gilligan is going to please most of you): http://screencrave.c...e-hopes-series/

#40 of 969 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,185 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by joshEH

[*] I liked how Walt's "I forgive you"-thing was trading on Skyler's confessed fear of him. Very sinister. (But, then again, Skyler used fear to her advantage, too, when she realized Ted was afraid.)

I wonder if that will mean Walt will put out a hit on Ted, since he knows a little too much, or at least knows something isn't right. Also, it can't be good for him when hearing him promising that he won't say a word.

Jonathan Banks definitely stole the show in the season premiere.

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - December
Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users