What's new

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
It begins!
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2012/03/press-roundup-0302.php
"It's bittersweet," Aaron Paul (Jesse) [says]. "I'm very happy that we know an end date and we're going to be able to tell our story, rather than have it cut short. We're not going to stretch the storylines out, so it's going to stay pure, honest and genuine to the story that we've been telling."
(clicks tongue and hums opening title-theme)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So still no word on the schedule? I'm fully expecting them to break the season up into two.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Back when it was renewed last summer, they said that the last season would be split up and I'd assume that's still the plan. My only hope is that AMC runs it like The Walking Dead and they only have a 2 or so month break between the episodes rather than something ridiculous like 6 months or a year.
On the plus side, I'm guessing the first half of the season should be on by July or August.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow, that's sooner than I expected. Sucks that we'll probably have to wait until July 2013 for the rest of it.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Yep, the rest of the episodes will air in Summer 2013.

Just very odd that the 2nd half will air, one year after the 1st half, yet still called Season 5. The 2nd half might as well, be called Season 6.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Walter C /t/319056/breaking-bad-season-5-amc#post_3928063
Yep, the rest of the episodes will air in Summer 2013.

Just very odd that the 2nd half will air, one year after the 1st half, yet still called Season 5. The 2nd half might as well, be called Season 6.

Yeah, and it's not even like they're filming them all together. They're filming them split up as well. And I'm sure they'll sell the DVD/Bluray split up as well. Makes no sense.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Something tells me if Sony calls it all Season Five, they don't have to pay a raise to the cast or crew for another season, they can sell two DVD/Blu-ray sets, they get two years of free publicity from critics & the Emmys and AMC gets to call it the final season twice & increase their ad revenue.
That being said, the production number for the first of the summer 2013 episodes will be episode #509 so I'll still call it Season Five. Yes, I'm an OCD nerd.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
So Rian Johnson is directing another episode this season. Great stuff. I also heard Gilligan has been aggressively campaigning to get Werner Herzog to direct one of the final episodes.
beaca84b_300x168px-LL-9ac6cfc2_images.jpeg

Hell, I'd be excited for Herzog playing the CEO of Madrigal Electromotive Industries.
I'm really hoping a garbage truck full of DEA agents comes into play in the final season, only because it would make me giddy to trace Walt's downfall to a helpful suggestion by Badger to the DEA.
...So in short, if you see a garbage truck in Season 5, look out.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
c939c425_350x515px-LL-b5044ba1_560571_3209061469021_1340730007_32467355_423564446_n.jpeg

...That is all.
(Well, that, and the fact that I'm worried that I'll be killed in a horrible paragliding accident this winter, and will never find out how it ends. The optimist-side of me thinks, "Well, it'll be mint, as they have that whole span of time to polish it," and the pessimist-side of me is screaming, "You have to cheat death for ANOTHER year!")

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

This should help my Cranston-fix a bit, apart from marathoning the Season 4 Blu-Rays with my wife, starting tonight.
Now I just need another Betsy Brandt-fix. She's good at bowling, great at ballet, and the revenge-spoiling is the most evil thing I ever saw.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
First teaser for the new season just aired during the Mad Men finale tonight:
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jphULKZ4E&feature=player_embedded[/VIDEO]
And the first three episode-titles of S5 have been released:
1: Live Free or Die
2: Madrigal
3: Hazard Pay
That second title sends shivers down my spine.
I seriously doubt Walt is in for any sort of redemption. I think as he solidifies himself as an evil bastard, the show will switch focus, and become about those around him (Jesse, Hank, Skyler, the Cartel, Mike, and maybe even Saul) trying to stop him. Whether or not they succeed, I think, will the true climax (and point) of the show.
What will Mike do now that Gus is gone? Mike seemed extremely loyal to Gus. Will he come after Walt, or is he now for hire? If he does come after Walt, my guess is Walt will somehow use his granddaughter to get to him.
(He'll recruit Badger and Skinny Pete to kidnap Mike's granddaughter in a hilarious "Baby's Day Out" scenario!)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I never even considered that there could be any redemption or happy ending. I fully expect at the minimum his death but personally I think that the death of his whole family is more appropriate. To show that things you do doesn't affect you alone but also the people you love.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If I had to guess, I'd say that Walt will get arrested but some or all of his family will be killed and so his original reason for turning to manufacturing meth will have been for nothing, Hank will catch Walt (or provide the key to catching him) but that will crush Hank personally & profesionally and Jesse will get away & live a happier life.
As for Mike, I don't think Walt left much of a trail in Gus' death for Mike to catch on to. I think Mike's semi-friendship with Jesse and his experience in 'security' will put him in the same job for Walt and Jesse. I'm probably most interested in seeing what happens when Jesse finds out that Walt poisoned Brock or that he let Jane die. The posioning seems like it has to come out but Jane's death might never come back on Walt.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/319056/breaking-bad-season-5-amc#post_3937062
If I had to guess, I'd say that Walt will get arrested but some or all of his family will be killed and so his original reason for turning to manufacturing meth will have been for nothing, Hank will catch Walt (or provide the key to catching him) but that will crush Hank personally & profesionally and Jesse will get away & live a happier life.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I predict as well. I can't imagine it ending well for any of the characters. And I think Hank will be giving Walt a serious beatdown, for all the crap he had to go through, from the turning down the promotion to El Paso to getting shot.

The families will definitely be split apart forever, one way or another.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
And I think Hank will be giving Walt a serious beatdown, for all the crap he had to go through, from the turning down the promotion to El Paso to getting shot.
It's always fun to see Walt and Jesse get themselves out of jams but Hank is the one character that I root for on the show.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I did consider the possibility of his family dying and Walt staying alive to see it and suffer more. It seems like a good idea for a harsher punishment than his simple death but more I think about it, more I find it "unsatisfying". In that case the series stays open ended and becomes like a Charles Bronson revenge movie. It's like at any moment Walt can come back and kill all the people responsible for it and anything he does would seem justifiable. This greatly diminishes the tragic nature of the show.
I agree that the ultimate message would be that he did all this to protect his family and he fails at that. That's why I said before that one of the best endings would be to try to hire that eraser guy at a life and death situation and finding out that he doesn't have enough money.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't want to get into spoilers for The Shield but I think the ending for the relationship of the main character and his family on that show would work well on Breaking Bad. Of course, that having been the ending of The Shield, it most likely can't or won't be the ending of Breaking Bad.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Scared of what?"
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izx7rVrbU00&feature=player_embedded[/VIDEO]
Gives me goosebumps...not to mention it gives me hope that we'll finally see that Skyler/Jesse Pinkman-exchange where she sits him down and demands to know all the dirty secrets of Heisenberg.
("Y'know, when we first met, I was hiding a body that your husband created.")

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks