What's new

Pioneer Receiver VSX-D512 (1 Viewer)

Jacq77

Auditioning
Real Name
Jacques
Hi. Everytime I switch on my receiver it stayes on for 5sec and then displayes on the screen, "overload" and switches off. I have'nt done anything or diconnected speakers or anything....!!! What could be the problem?? Jacques

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi Jacques.

Welcome to the HTF!

I moved your question to our forum on Receivers/etc. Hopefully we can get you an answer.

The feedback forum (where your question was originally) os for members who are having trouble with the way the forum itself is set up or working.

All the best!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Jaques,

Even though you didn't disconnect anything, something may have vibrated loose or frayed from wear.

The most likely culprit is a speaker wire shorting somewhere.

I would start by disconnecting all the speaker wires from the back of the receiver, and then turning it back on. If the problem goes away, turn the receiver off and carefully re-twist the speaker wire and reconnect them one at a time, checking that all powers up ok before moving on to the next one.

If the receiver still shuts off with all speakers disconnected, try disconnecting everything else and try again. If the problem persists with absolutely nothing connected, then there's likely nothing you can do and it may need to be serviced.

At that point, you could try doing a factory reset as a last-ditch effort. There is a procedure described on page 47 of your manual, but that might just be to reset the programmable remote control. I didn't see any other mention of factory reset in the manual. Either way, you still have some options to try before resorting to that.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks