Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI vs. OPTICAL AUDIO / Connections Problem

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   mrlewp87

mrlewp87

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 11:22 AM

Sorry I've been AWOL for so long on this. I've achieved "tranquility" in regards to the BluRay, DVD recorder, and DISH box. LG DVD Recorder/ player/ VCR ............... PCM out .............. to ............ "DVD" / PCM IN of Yamaha. (using the BluRay player as primary anyway) Video ; Components Out ......to.... Yamaha DVD Components IN BluRay 3D Player .................................. Optical Digital Out ..........to ............" CD " Optical Digital IN of Yamaha ( re-labled CD as BluRay Plyr) Video ; HDMI Out...........to ............ HDMI In 2 of TV DISH Rec'vr ................................... Optical Digital Out...........to............"DTV / CBL" IN of Yamaha amp. Video ; HDMI Out...........to.............HDMI 1 of TV SeaGate Media Player ........................... RCA type AUDIO Outs......to....... "DVR" Audio INS of Yamaha. Video Comp.Outs .............to...... Video Component INS of TV (( re-tried formatting above text 3 times. Cant get it all to line up neatly as I typed it ........ ?) I realize that the HDMI 1 of the Panasonic 3D TV is the " ARC " compatible input. The Yamaha is not up to it , and I cant see a purpose for using that input for the BluRay player ?? Is there any reason to ? If this is a new post , then let me know. I was incredulous that the TV had ONLY the Optical Digital OUT !!?? Not even a headphone jack !! So there sits it's Optical Out - unused ! The NEW issue ; Is there any means of easily switching one of the Yamaha's Optical INS , between either the DISH box - or the BluRay Player, and the TV's Optical out? I'm doing a lot of streaming of TV and Movies now, and IF there is a 5.1 signal available, I'd like to hear it. I currently am just listening from the TV's speakers. They sound great , but it's not surround. I've seen every type of switch-box , but for one for Optical cables. If there isnt a solution, I hope to keep the amp ends of 2 opticals easily reachable behind the Yamaha, so that I can make the switch when streaming video. (certainly someone has attempted to join 2 optical cables somehow ....... as I am tempted to to ! ha. To create a switcher, or simply allow for quick dis-connect / connect of 2 devices , going to the Yamaha amp.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users