What's new

Jean Michel Jarre in 24/96 released-Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Hi all, Every few months I do a search for Jarre in 5.1 or 24/96 and found that qobuz.com released "Studio Masters" of Oxygene, Equinoxe, and Magnetic Fields in 24/96 FLAC a few months ago. They sound amazing, and I don't think it's because of their audio being "pumped up". I'm well aware of the whole "loudness wars" issue but these albums I know like the back of my hand. I've been listening to these three albums several times a month since 1985. I have the original Polydor CD releases as well as the Mobile Fidelity versions of Oxygene and Equinoxe and you can't make something louder and hear more detail. There's SO much more detail in these releases. Some people have been complaining that the bass is too high, but without hearing what JMJ's tapes we'll never know. In any case, I thought some people would like to know. One thing - the site's in French with no native way to display the site in English. When I went to the site there was a "translate this" from Google in the URH corner. Check if it's there.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks for the heads up. I'm a big fan of Jarre, but I couldn't figure out how to buy them and I'm not real familiar with FLAC files.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks