Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dancing With The Stars Season 14

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 of 39 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,003 posts

Posted February 28 2012 - 04:16 AM

The cast announced this morning.
  • Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya
  • Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
  • Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd
  • Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy
  • Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff
  • Martina Navratilova and Tony Dovolani
  • Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower
  • Maria Menounos and Derek Hough
  • Jaleel White and Kym Johnson
  • Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus
  • William Levy and Cheryl Burke
  • Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas
I watched the announcement on GMA. A pretty safe cast. The only two that raised an eye brow for me were Gladys Knight and Martina Navratilova.

#2 of 39 DaveHof

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted February 28 2012 - 08:49 AM

Happiest I've been with a cast in several seasons. A nice, tabloid-less and controversy-free assortment, which I hope will not result in a ratings drop. I would have to make Maria Menounos the early favorite -she's got Derek for a partner, and she's obviously in great shape. But in my heart, I'll be rooting for Half-Pint.

#3 of 39 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,596 posts

Posted February 28 2012 - 09:18 AM

Wow, they got Katherine Jenkins? She can sing!
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#4 of 39 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted March 10 2012 - 05:04 PM

Katherine Jenkins can certainly sing and she's got the body for dancing, so she may end up winning this. Martina Navratilova, not a chance. Melissa Gilbert, who keeps on trying to look like some old style Hollywood glamour queen might make it for a while, but only because of her partner Max. Don't know a lot about the others, but thankfully nobody bizarre like Chaz Bono. This show is famous for weight loss, but I didn't notice him/her looking any different, just round and extremely obese. Amazing how he/she came from parents on the small side like Sonny and Cher. Only watched about 2/3 of last season, first time I'd ever stayed with it, but my mom is addicted to it, so tried to keep up so I could talk to her. Gladys Knight could surprise us, just depends on if she has the energy or not. Then again, Cloris Leachman managed to get pretty far, so you never know. Many of the others I've never even heard of, must be a list even lower than Kathy Griffin's D-List.
Stan

#5 of 39 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,003 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 09:31 AM

The show has become such a hit, a lot of "stars" want to be on it. Doesn't seem to hurt their careers either.

#6 of 39 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,365 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 13 2012 - 05:24 AM

Mark my words: Urkel will go far. He's a genius physical comic.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#7 of 39 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,596 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 05:32 AM

"Did I do that?"

#8 of 39 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 09:22 AM

Mark my words: Urkel will go far. He's a genius physical comic.

Forgot about Urkel. Saw him on a Psych episode and he's definitely not the scrawny geek we all knew. He could physically pull this off and do very well.
Stan

#9 of 39 DaveHof

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted March 19 2012 - 04:49 PM

I've been watching this show since Season 1, and I've never seen a first episode where the quality of dancing was this high. Only Martina Navritilova seemed really out of her comfort zone.

#10 of 39 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,003 posts

Posted March 19 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yes, everyone was at a very high level, no slackers.

#11 of 39 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,596 posts

Posted March 25 2012 - 10:14 AM

Finally watched the premiere from last week, and definitely a solid group of celebs with a strong first outing. Going home this week candidates: Gavin Degraw Martina Navratilova Sherri Sheppard Thought Gladys was scored too high, but she gets props for shaking it well for her age. Melissa was so-so, but could get better. Katherine was really good, as was Urkel. We'll have to see if either one can handle the Latin dances.

#12 of 39 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,003 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 07:03 AM

After seeing last nights round, it's a tough call to guess who will be first to go tonight. Patrick, you list of potentials to get cut is a good one. My guess is that Gavin and Sherri will have enough of a fan base to keep them around. I thought Martina and Gladys were the weakest last night. But they both probably have a pretty good fan base to vote to keep them. Jack Wagner also wasn't very impressive, kind of dull. Katherine was impressive, while Jaleel did okay too.

#13 of 39 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,596 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 07:58 AM

Martina's my pick to go home, but Gavin is my 2nd pick. Katherine has a nice lightness to her dance movement, and she looks great while dancing. Maria's trying a little too hard, hope she'll relax, which should result in more entertaining dances. Peta is hot!

#14 of 39 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,003 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 10:23 AM

Well you were right Patrick. I wouldn't have thought Martina would go so early. Tonight's elimination will be hard to guess. Everyone did really well. I would guess Jack, or Gavin or Sherri or Gladys or even Melissa.

#15 of 39 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,003 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 03:41 AM

Maria's body is taking quite a beating, hurt ribs and now a pre-fracture bone in her foot. And Melissa hit her head last night during the performance and had a slight concussion. Hard to say who will go tonight.

#16 of 39 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,596 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 04:43 AM

Only got to see the last hour (and just snippets of the first hour's dance during their short review at the end, but I'm guessing Gavin, Sherri, and Melissa might be in the bottom 3. It's a popularity contest at that point.

#17 of 39 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,003 posts

Posted April 11 2012 - 02:55 AM

You were right Patrick, it was Sherri. She was certainly very emotional and disappointed to go so early. Her bubbly personality couldn't save her, though I thought she'd survive another week or two.

#18 of 39 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,596 posts

Posted April 11 2012 - 03:04 AM

Yeah, I'm sort of surprised Gavin hasn't gone home yet, but it does look like he's trying, so maybe that counts for something (unlike that season where Karina was stuck with Billy Ray Cyrus, that was just not a good situation).

#19 of 39 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,003 posts

Posted April 11 2012 - 03:27 AM

For sure Patrick!

#20 of 39 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,003 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 12:44 AM

The strongest dancers last night really had impressive moves and choreography! Maria's continued fragility of her body may cause her a more serious injury, but she's impressive due to Derek. Same with William and Katherine. Mark Ballas is really doing well with her training and it seems there's that competitive rivalry with Derek. Donald is impressive as well, his dance was showing his bodily strength and artistry his partner is teaching. Of the weakest three; Gavin, Gladys and Melissa, my guess is Melissa gets sympathy votes for her head injury and force of will to continue. Maks is doing a good job with her. Gladys could be saved for similar reasons plus the Motown theme coming up means she has to stay for that. And Gavin really does seem to try, but he's probably a goner! He may have appealed to his fans, and that may count a lot to save him over Gladys. Who knows, Jaleel did well but could get booted or the kid Roshan. But their pro partners along with the pro partners of the others must have fans too by now which could help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users