-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

All in one home theatre system advise.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 tinas40

tinas40

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 27 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hi, i am thinking about buying an all in one system (first time buyer) but there are so many diferent makes/types, my budget would be up to £500 , can any one give me any recommendations for a good one to go for, thanks.

#2 of 3 gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,692 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted February 27 2012 - 11:55 AM

We usually don't recommend the all-in-one systems. Often times they aren't compatible with other equipment and if one part should break, like the subwoofer or dvd player, then most times you have to replace the whole system. We usually recommend Onkyo receiver/speaker packages like the HT-5400 and a stand-alone dvd/Bluray player. Being in America I'm not sure how much £500 is :blush: . Also, if you can list the places you might buy from maybe we can check their inventory on-line. If a htib turns out to be the best option in your budget maybe we can recommend one. But we need to know what's available in your area.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 3 TheGary

TheGary

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 27 2012 - 03:35 PM

Looking on Amazon, seems everything is much more expensive than here in the US. Take a look at the Onkyo HTIB's, on amazon or some other UK site. Or if a US site ships to the UK. Anyways, the exchange rate is like 1 pound for every 1.60$