Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony STR-DA-3600ES

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   cf4798

cf4798

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 26 2012 - 05:37 PM

Guys, sorry for being a noob, but I am completely new to home theather, and have done research about this receiver and cant seem to find a definitive answer. I bought the Sony STR-DA-3600ES to power some B&W 685's with a Def Tech Sub800, and it sounds absolutely great in my bedroom, but I am trying to find an adapter to make my receiver wireless, so i can do airplay from my phone or computer over my wireless network. The receiver has 4 ethernet ports in the rear, but I cant seem to find a wireless adapter for it. The only thing That remote came close to solving my problem, is that i read somewhere that i could run ethernet to my PS3 and then to the receiver and that would make it wireless.. is that true? if not please help me find something! Thanks, Chase

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   apn73

apn73

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 28 2012 - 03:29 AM

I don't know the exact answer to your question; I'm just not as tech savvy as a lot of folks on this site tend to be, but it seems to me that the receiver needs some sort of internal intelligence in order to accomplish this. I know that Onkyo's receivers are capable of operating wirelessly and even have apps compatible with Droid, not sure about Sony's ES series. I would think that the owner's manual would spell this out if it is even availabe on your receiver. Maybe someone else on this forum will chime in and confirm what you've said, but I have a feeling that the receiver needs internal programming to do this. How long ago did you purchase the receiver? Can you still return it for one that you know has the appropriate programming? That might be the better way to go. Best, Adam.