Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Theater for an Apartment

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Mauro Menconi

Mauro Menconi

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 25 2012 - 02:45 AM

Hi all I'm from Argentina, so excuse me for my lyrics. I am thinking to buy a Home Theater for my apartment and the question is "Is really awesome the difference between a common Sony HT like (Sony HT-ss380) and something like a Denon sintoamplifier with Jamo S 606 HCS 3 or Jamo S426 Home Cinema Systems ??? In my country there is a big price difference between this HT Sony 600usd and Denon+Jamo from 1300 to1700usd. So I dont know what to do. Thanks alla. Regards Mauro

#2 of 4 gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,672 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted February 25 2012 - 03:22 AM

Yes, there is a big difference. HTIB's are O.K. for a bedroom system or someone on a very limited budget, but there are problems with them. For one thing, if one part breaks, like the subwoofer or dvd player, then you often times have to replace the whole thing. They also have very limited connections and aren't very compatible with other equipment. But the biggest drawback to these all-in-one systems is the quality of the speakers and subwoofer. They have to cut costs somewhere and that's usually where it is. Buying stereo equipment for your home is like anything else. Get the best you're comfortible paying for. That way you won't be sitting on the couch saying to yourself "I should have spent a little maoe and bought the better system". I don't recall anyone having regrets for buying a better product. If they can afford to.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 4 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted February 25 2012 - 05:23 AM

I agree. I would never buy a HTIB system. You'd be better off buying just a receiver, front speakers, and a subwoofer if that's all your budget allows, and add the other speakers when you can.

#4 of 4 Mauro Menconi

Mauro Menconi

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 25 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Jim and Gene....i will take your advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users