What's new

Home Theater for an Apartment (1 Viewer)

Mauro Menconi

Auditioning
Real Name
Mauromenco
Hi all I'm from Argentina, so excuse me for my lyrics. I am thinking to buy a Home Theater for my apartment and the question is "Is really awesome the difference between a common Sony HT like (Sony HT-ss380) and something like a Denon sintoamplifier with Jamo S 606 HCS 3 or Jamo S426 Home Cinema Systems ??? In my country there is a big price difference between this HT Sony 600usd and Denon+Jamo from 1300 to1700usd. So I dont know what to do. Thanks alla. Regards Mauro

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Yes, there is a big difference. HTIB's are O.K. for a bedroom system or someone on a very limited budget, but there are problems with them. For one thing, if one part breaks, like the subwoofer or dvd player, then you often times have to replace the whole thing. They also have very limited connections and aren't very compatible with other equipment. But the biggest drawback to these all-in-one systems is the quality of the speakers and subwoofer. They have to cut costs somewhere and that's usually where it is. Buying stereo equipment for your home is like anything else. Get the best you're comfortible paying for. That way you won't be sitting on the couch saying to yourself "I should have spent a little maoe and bought the better system". I don't recall anyone having regrets for buying a better product. If they can afford to.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I agree. I would never buy a HTIB system. You'd be better off buying just a receiver, front speakers, and a subwoofer if that's all your budget allows, and add the other speakers when you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks