What's new

Alfred Hitchcock films available on blu-ray (1 Viewer)

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
U.S. Releases unless noted. In chronological order...
1927 - The Lodger - Network - U.K. (Region B locked)
1934 - The Man Who Knew Too Much - Criterion (coming 01/15/13)
1935 - The 39 Steps - Criterion
1938 - The Lady Vanishes - Criterion
1940 - Rebecca - MGM
1942 - Saboteur - Universal
1943 - Shadow of a Doubt - Universal
1944 - Lifeboat - Masters of Cinema - U.K. (Region B locked)
1945 - Spellbound - MGM
1946 - Notorious - MGM
1948 - Rope - Universal
1951 - Strangers on a Train - Warner
1953 - Dial M For Murder - Warner
1954 - Rear Window - Universal
1955 - To Catch a Thief - Paramount
1955 - The Trouble With Harry - Universal
1956 - The Man Who Knew Too Much - Universal
1958 - Vertigo - Universal
1959 - North By Northwest - Warner
1960 - Psycho - Universal
1963 - The Birds - Universal
1964 - Marnie - Universal
1966 - Torn Curtain - Universal
1969 - Topaz - Universal
1972 - Frenzy - Universal
1976 - Family Plot - Universal

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I own these:
1938 - The Lady Vanishes - Criterion
1940 - Rebecca - MGM
1945 - Spellbound - MGM
1946 - Notorious - MGM
1959 - North By Northwest - Warner
1960 - Psycho - Universal
and I will buy these when available:
1955 - To Catch a Thief - Paramount (coming March 2012)
1963 - The Birds - Universal (coming Fall 2012)
I will buy every Hitchcock film that comes out on Blu-ray in the USA or on region-free Blu-ray over there.

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
I've got everything that's been released that will play with a region A player, and the ones that have a release date I've gotten pre-ordered. I'm still hoping that Lifeboat might get lucky and not be region B locked, but not counting on it, so am waiting until it's confirmed it's region B.

Eerik

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eerik Paal
rayman1701 said:
I've got everything that's been released that will play with a region A player, and the ones that have a release date I've gotten pre-ordered.  I'm still hoping that Lifeboat might get lucky and not be region B locked, but not counting on it, so am waiting until it's confirmed it's region B.
Lifeboat has been already confirmed region B locked by Eureka/Masters of Cinema themselves.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This is terrific to see so many coming.
I own everything on blu that's avaiable for region A except The Lady Vanishes, missed that one.
Looking forward to and anxiously awaiting Vertigo. But also want to see Rear Window, Dial M for Murder, and the remaining titles!

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I'll update the list as new things are listed.
Dial M For Murder is rumored for 3D (and 2D) later this year but next year will be 60th anniversary so...maybe then.
Vertigo and Rear Window will hopefully come out this year as part of Universal's 100 Anniversary releases.
MGM might release Lifeboat in the U.S. as it was part of their premiere DVD box set, and they did release the 3 BD recent titles.
Criterion is always a possibility for more Hitchcock, too.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I just picked up The Lady Vanishes (Amazon had it for 48% off, which with the tax break is basically the same as the B&N Criterion 50% sale).
Also have Notorious, Rebecca, and North By Northwest.
Not a big fan of To Catch A Thief or Spellbound, and Psycho wouldn't get much replay.
Already pre-ordered The 39 Steps.
I'm more a fan of his earlier stuff - would love to see Foreign Correspondent or Young And Innocent or Shadow Of A Doubt (my absolute favorite Hitch cameo).
Rear Window probably. I don't like Vertigo, so that is definitely a pass for me.
David

I dont have the UK versions but have all the USA blu ray versions except for Rebecca & To Catch A Theif. I am getting the 39 Steps, and the ones coming out from Universal later this year.
I hope Lifeboat gets a US release, and would like to see on Blu - Young & Innocent, Sabotage & both versions of the Man Who Knew Too Much as well
I kept Criterions Notorious and Spellbound DVDs due to different supplements.
I might get Dial M for Murder

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Wasn't there some whispering about possibly Criterion offering Foreign Correspondent at some point in the future?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/318802/alfred-hitchcock-films-available-on-blu-ray#post_3919237
Wasn't there some whispering about possibly Criterion offering Foreign Correspondent at some point in the future?

Yeah, apparently they acquired it out of the same deal with the Caidin Family that got them Stagecoach

That would be cool - Foreign Correspondent is a FANTASTIC film, maybe they will slowly release all the titles in that Box set that had 9 Warner Hitchcock titles ( I Confess, Th Wrong Man, Strangers on a Train etc )

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Foreign Correspondent is among the titles Criterion offers on Hulu.... seems like a blu-ray release is certainly possible.
abb5dcab_movie_foreign_correspondent_foreign_correspondent.jpeg

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I would love to see Criterion release this great film...which was nominated along with Rebecca (which won) for best picture. Not bad for the first 2 films he made in America!
There is a listing on Amazon Germany for The Alfred Hitchcock Blu-ray Collection from Warners Bros. This would likely include Dial M For Murder, The Wrong Man, Strangers on a Train, Stage Fright, I Confess and maybe Suspicion. It would make sense that they would release a blu-ray box set similar to the DVD set they own the rights to. I still think Dial M will be a single Digibook release, as well.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Added The Lodger. BFI's FB page answered my question about the newly restored 9 silent Hitchcock's, and they responded to me about any future blu-ray releases with this:
Thanks for your question. We don't hold the rights to these titles, but are aware that Network will be releasing The Lodger in September. This company released British TV like The Prisoner and The Persuaders on blu-ray, so, let's hope.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Craig Beam /t/318802/alfred-hitchcock-films-available-on-blu-ray#post_3919752
Foreign Correspondent is among the titles Criterion offers on Hulu.... seems like a blu-ray release is certainly possible.
abb5dcab_movie_foreign_correspondent_foreign_correspondent.jpeg

It's inevitable. The question is *when*. It could be this year, or could be next year. Or 2014. They just need to schedule it among the other several dozen titles they have in the pipeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks