Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Why won't my Macbook Pro connect to my Sanyo PLV-60HT projector???!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   rgfinnegan

rgfinnegan

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 23 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hello, I recently received a Sanyo PLV-60HT that i am trying to hook up to my macbook pro. I bought a 5 RCA to HDMI (male) cable and tried to connect it through that cable as well as my mini DVI to HDMI (female). When i plug everything in and put it on the correct input, the projector does not seem to read anything. Could someone please help!? :confused: Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or have any recommendations on a good quality hook-up method? Thank You in advance!! -Rich:)

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,803 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 23 2012 - 02:17 PM

A. welcome to HTF! B. what Macbook pro? DVI or mini displayport? C. 5 rca to HDMI? wha????, why would you want to do that. You realize that's going from a digital to an analogue connection right? Not usually something you can just force a cable to do.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   rgfinnegan

rgfinnegan

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 23 2012 - 04:31 PM

Im sorry i wasn't very clear i was in a rush.. Here is the deal, I have a new macbook pro. I have a mini display port to HDMI (female) connector. I bought a cable off of amazon that had 5 RCA on one side and HDMI on the other.. (this is the cable: http://www.amazon.co...30061119&sr=8-1) the only reason i did this was because i have a xbox that is plugged in with the xbox cable that has 5 RCA on one side and the xbox connection on the other. So i thought i would give it a try. I was not aware that the HDMI would not work when converted to the 5 RCA.... please help me. Im confused. I just need a way to connect my mac to the projector with the best quality possible. Thank you so much for your time and help! -Rich

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,890 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted February 23 2012 - 05:47 PM

You'll want to get a MiniDisplayPort to VGA adapter and connect a VGA cable between the adapter and the projector's RGB input.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,803 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 24 2012 - 03:43 AM

Yup, Cameron has you covered! The cabling might be as expensive as that PJ is now tho! I don't know what your budget is but it might be time to think about upgrading that guy to something with a true HDMI input. Even a used 720p PJ with HDMI would be a big step up. Like maybe what I had, the Panny AE900u, bet you can find them for under $500 these days. http://www.projector...sanyo_plv60.htm

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users