Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bose Acoustimass 3 question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 austinringding

austinringding

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 22 2012 - 03:36 PM

I recently was given a Bose Acoustimass 3 HTiB system. It came with two double cube speakers and two Acoustimass modules (for bass and lower end). The original system only came with 1 Acoustimass module, but for some reason this guy had two of them and gave me both. I'm trying to decide if there are benefits to implementing both, say on opposite sides of our living room, or if that is even possible or desirable. Any and all input appreciated. If it won't work, or just isn't necessary, then i guess i've got a brand new Acoustimass module for sale...

#2 of 5 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,051 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted February 22 2012 - 11:04 PM

i guess i've got a brand new Acoustimass module for sale...

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. I'd love to be given a bunch of Bose equipment because it has a great resale value on Ebay. I'd get rid of it all and get a decent system with the proceeds of the sale.

#3 of 5 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted February 23 2012 - 09:28 AM

I agree. Sell it all, and buy decent speakers and a real sub. Bose calls them bass modules because they are NOT subwoofers.

#4 of 5 Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,789 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted February 24 2012 - 01:50 AM

And I will just add that there is really no way to use BOTH bass modules in a single system. I think the person that "gave" them to you was probably just happy to unload all the equipment.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#5 of 5 Martino

Martino

Supporting Actor

• 594 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA

Posted February 24 2012 - 04:21 AM

I used to have one of these bose systems as well - and I did have 2 of the bass modules. These usually are 2.1 system - and for a 5 channel system, you have 2 cubes and a bass module for the front speakers, and 2 speakers and a bass module for the rear speakers. Then I added a center channel and a powered sub to this as well. I ended up giving away all of the bose stuff and starting over....with much better results (but with a much lighter wallet) From your description, you only have 2 of the cubes and not 4 - so there is no need to have the extra bass module. In my old system - had all of the speaker wires connected to the bass modules, then the cubes connected to the bass module - the bass module takes out the lows and then sends the rest of the higher frequencies to the small cubes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users