Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New system... speaker install help

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 QuantumSlice

QuantumSlice

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 22 2012 - 11:59 AM

We have a contractor coming in to revise the front wall of our great room... He will make me places to put speakers within the wall. I am thinking the Polk Audio LSi9 / LSiC speakers will work okay. Is there any advice folks can offer relative to how to prepare the wall to accept these speakers ? I haven't bought them yet so am open to suggestions for alternative speakers.

#2 of 3 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,046 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted February 22 2012 - 01:25 PM

He will make me places to put speakers within the wall.

You don't put convention speakers in the wall. That screws up the baffle step and you will get a more pronounced midrange sound from them than designed.

#3 of 3 David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 1,986 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted February 22 2012 - 03:03 PM

Look for in-wall speakers. While still a compromise, in wall speakers sound much better than a standard speaker placed in or against a wall. Not sure of your budget but here are is an example of in wall speakers (I have Axiom in my HT).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users