Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New system... speaker install help

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   QuantumSlice

QuantumSlice

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 22 2012 - 11:59 AM

We have a contractor coming in to revise the front wall of our great room... He will make me places to put speakers within the wall. I am thinking the Polk Audio LSi9 / LSiC speakers will work okay. Is there any advice folks can offer relative to how to prepare the wall to accept these speakers ? I haven't bought them yet so am open to suggestions for alternative speakers.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,210 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted February 22 2012 - 01:25 PM

He will make me places to put speakers within the wall.

You don't put convention speakers in the wall. That screws up the baffle step and you will get a more pronounced midrange sound from them than designed.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,211 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted February 22 2012 - 03:03 PM

Look for in-wall speakers. While still a compromise, in wall speakers sound much better than a standard speaker placed in or against a wall. Not sure of your budget but here are is an example of in wall speakers (I have Axiom in my HT).

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users