Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: Felicity: Season One and Season Two

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,276 posts

Posted February 22 2012 - 11:35 AM

May 1st

Felicity: Season One

Felicity: Season Two

Fall in love with TV's favorite sweetheart all over again this May as Lionsgate releases the first two seasons of "Felicity" on DVD. Felicity, starring Golden Globe® winner Keri Russell (Best Performance by an Actress in a Drama Series, "Felicity," 1999), follows a young co-ed through the journey of self-discovery. Watch as Felicity navigates her way through exams, friends, and love triangles. The popular WB series also stars Scott Foley (TV's "Grey's Anatomy") and Scott Speedman (The Vow). Season One includes the pilot episode and special commentary by creators J.J. Abrams (Super 8) & Matt Reeves (Let Me In). Season Two features a never-before-seen pilot, Russell's original audition footage, a spoof of the series from the Emmy® Awards as well as five audio commentaries with the cast and creators.

Felicity: Season One

Felicity Porter's (Russell) life changes at her high school graduation, when she asks her longtime crush, Ben Covington (Speedman), to sign her yearbook. Powered by a few scribbled words, Felicity ditches her college plans and follows Ben to the University of New York. Felicity experiences her freshman year of college in New York City, complete with difficult classes, a nightmare roommate and a gorgeous resident advisor Noel Crane (Foley).

Posted Image 

Felicity: Season Two

Returning to New York for her sophomore year of college, Felicity adopts a new attitude and new haircut following her breakup from high school love, Ben. Amidst changing her major from premed to art, Felicity finds that she's opened herself up to a whole new world of relationships, heartache and campus politics.

Posted Image

Pricing: DVD - $19.98 each

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   satam55

satam55

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted April 02 2012 - 02:28 AM

Thank goodness I bought the 2009 re-release of all 4 seasons a year or so ago. If these 2012 re-release from Lionsgate are going to only be 3-disc sets, they better be DVD-18 discs or the video quality is going to be garbage compared to the Disney releases.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 07:07 AM

Can anyone comment on the a/v quality of this release? Are they DVD-18s or have Lionsgate really crammed 22 episodes onto 3 DVD-9s? Thanks for any info!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Wezzo

Wezzo

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted September 12 2012 - 04:01 AM

They really have crammed about 5 hours of material onto each DVD-9 :( The picture quality is better than I expected but it's far from great, though I wouldn't say it's much worse than a lot of other DVD releases of TV shows from the same era.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted September 12 2012 - 07:10 AM

Thanks, Wezzo! Might give these a punt then! :)

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   mac22

mac22

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 06:50 PM

I wanted to add. These Liongate releases of Felicity are a real shame to the show. Embarrassment really. The picture quality is indeed worse than the original releases. However, BIGGEST issue...the original DVDs changed some of the music from original airings. These Lionsgates DVDs CHANGED ALL THE MUSIC AGAIN. NOTHING remains the same. They must have paid $0 for the music, it's awful. The iconic scenes and moments are nothing like they were, with this amateur music in the background. Honestly, it was sad the original DVDs changed the music, but they at least spent some money and time selecting pretty good replacements. Zero time or money was spent this time. Furthermore, the Lionsgate versions are what you will find on Netflix streaming, etc. so it's really best to get original DVD sets if you want to watch the show at least similar to original. I'm not even that picky as I wasn't bothered about the original DVDs changing music. However, the music this time in the 2012 sets, is a joke. It's like they picked any random song and placed it over the show. It doesn't work together at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users