Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 03:18 PM

Loved the movie and will definitely buy it but why do they have to offer two different blu-ray packages, one with one disc only with limited bonus material and the other with 2 disc and all bonus material on 2nd disc? I hate it when they do that. Naturally Amazon only has the 1 disc blu-ray/dvd package available right now for a decent price and no listing for the 2 disc blu-ray/dvd. Lame.
^ I wouldn't really worry about the price until the Sunday before it comes out. This is going to be a fairly big release so the various stores will be competing to have the lowest price and Amazon will likely match who ever has the lowest when the weekly store ads are released.
So I had to cancel my Amazon order after reading the reviews that have come out. The one disc blu-ray that Amazon (and likely others) is selling only has a couple of the bonus features. Best Buy will be selling an exclusive with all the bonus material contained on a separate disc. In the press release, this is listed as the limited edition 3 disc one that I questioned would ever be sold by Amazon. I got the answer to my question with the professional reviews stating their Best Buy edition was the only way to view all the supplements. Not happy about it, but I guess I'm making a trip over to BB early Tuesday morning.

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Producer

• 3,070 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'll have a copy to give away with my coverage of the press event today, I'll check to see which edition it is when I get home tomorrow.
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 07:39 PM

I can't figure out why Amazon has the MSRP of the two-disc listed as $44.99 when the press release above clearly states it should be $29.99. The Best Buy exclusive version indeed seems to be the three-disc edition from the press release. Cancelled my Amazon order.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Producer

• 3,070 posts

Posted April 12 2012 - 03:05 PM

I'll have a copy to give away with my coverage of the press event today, I'll check to see which edition it is when I get home tomorrow.
It's the Best Buy version.
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users