What's new

Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Rcv (1 Viewer)

msmo

Auditioning
Real Name
Sharon Mohan
Hi all, I'm a first time user and hope someone will be able to answer my question. My husband & I just hooked up a new LCD TV yesterday and can not get the surround sound system to work correctly. When I run the test mode for the 5 spkrs w/ sw, all alternate & work properly, but during regular TV & DVD viewing only the FL & FR can be heard and those 2 spkr icons are the only ones seen on the menu on the front of the receiver. We have the HDMI cables connected. The system worked with the old TV so I'm assuming it is an error in the way I made the connections. Any ideas? Thanks, Ms Mo

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
If the speaker output sound during the tests then the connections should be correct. If only the Left and Right speakers are showing up on the display then the receiver is only getting a Stereo signal. Try using one of the surround modes (Dolby ProLogic, DTS Neo:6, etc) and see if the other speakers become active. To me this sounds like a setting in the receiver or the satellite/cable box and dvd player. Check the audio output of the cbl/sat box and make sure its set to Dolby Digital. Do the same for the dvd player which should be Bitstream, not PCM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks