What's new

The frustration never ends... (1 Viewer)

Newbie12

Grip
Real Name
Zac
Alrighty... So, here's the breakdown...I have a newer Samsung LCD HDTV, a newer Samsung Blu Ray, and a brand new pioneer 921 True HD receiver. The TV and Blu Ray are upper end and well equipped. A while back, my receiver's HDMI out unit blew so I was sent another brand new one. Anyway, I set up my system all over again and I have my Blu Ray's HDMI plugged into my Receiver and then from my Receiver's HDMI 'out', that goes to my TV. Picture and Sound are great. I have all Infinity Speakers...2 front towers and a center. NO sub and NO rear surrounds. Anyway, I manually input the speaker set up into my Pioneer. I set my 2 towers as 'large' and my center as 'small' because I have no sub. This tells my receiver to put the bass to my towers. Anyway...now I seem to have bass delay. What I mean is, let's just say a rocket flies into a building on a movie and the explosion goes off...the bass impact comes a second after it should making the visual effect quite annoying. Also, if during an action scene I pause the movie...I can hear a residual bass effect for a second after. I have all new 16 gauge wires (good quality stuff too) and the connections are perfect. Any ideas????

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Any ideas????
Get a sub. The LFE channel is being processed into the two main channels and there is a delay. Nothing you can do about it. Pioneer won't care because 99.99% of their users will have a sub connected.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
If Robert is correct about the delay in the LFE channel you can try setting the sub to "Plus" instead of No. It might send the LFE to the Subwoofer Output and and Left/Right Bass to both the Sub Out and the Fronts. You'll lose the LFE but maybe you'll lose the delay as well.

Newbie12

Grip
Real Name
Zac
Alright, I will get the sub (I've been contemplating it for awhile anyway and this pretty much persuades me to get one). Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks