What's new

Line conditioner to improve picture quality on a TV (1 Viewer)

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I've read that they improve TV images. I have no idea which companies make then or what to look for in them or how much they go for. Any pointers in the right direction for me? Thanks, Ray

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They only improve the image if you have dirty power. Have you checked your power? Some UPSs will interface with a computer and let you know if you are getting a true 120v, 60hz sine wave.

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
The house I live in is old and it has a terrible electrical system. How exactly can I check if I have "clean" power? Ray

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some computer UPS systems will tell you the quality of the power. Over or under voltage, square waves, noise, etc.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Uninterruptible Power Supply - http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13 I have one on my desktop PC, one on my router and cable modem and one on each DVR in my theater. When the electricity goes out, I can keep my router and modem running for hours, my DVRs running for about 30 minutes and my PC up for about 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks