What's new

Controlled volume out?? (1 Viewer)

dvboy

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
I just put an HDTV in my bedroom that has a HD Cable box attached.For better sound I have a pair of good quality powered speakers that I would like to connect to the audio out of my Motorola cable box(two channel setup is all I want)but the problem is that the volume out of my cable box does not have variable output so the speaker volume can't be changed remotely.Neither the TV or Cable can be configured to give me a controlled audio out,so I was hoping someone knows of a CHEAP solution.What I need is a 2 channel remote controlled little device that can change the volume using the RCA jacks,as simple and cheap as possible,does such a device exist??I have search the net with no success.:confused: Thanks

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It may be buried, but I know multiple models of Motorola cable boxes have internal volume. Most remotes have an internal volume lock that only changes the volume on the TV. Assuming you have a Comcast remote, you need to take this off (see changing volume lock on this document:

If you have another cable provider try it anyway. If your box doesn't have it you can try getting a basic set of computer speakers with volume control: http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Tech--AR504LR-BK-Soundstage-Subwoofer/dp/B0029Z9UNW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329643045&sr=8-1 Or look in our classifieds section or Craigslist for an old stereo receiver.

dvboy

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Adam,u were spot on about the volume lock,works like a charm.THANK-YOU very much:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks