What's new

Survivor : One World (season 24) (1 Viewer)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
"Troyzan's balls haven't moved in a while!" Not sure how Probst or the players kept a straight face during that challenge.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not much to say about this week's installment.

Very surprised Jonas was voted out. Should have
been Tarzan, or better yet, Alicia.

Show seems to be going nowhere fast -- and it's
not for the lack of Colton being gone. Just not
an interesting season for me.

Still get a laugh whenever Jay speaks with all
the helium references made by this group.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Greg Kettell /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/90#post_3911496
"Troyzan's balls haven't moved in a while!" Not sure how Probst or the players kept a straight face during that challenge.
There was also "Jay's* balls are hanging off the sides of the plate!"

It dawned on me that instead of Jeff extemporaneously yelling these double entendres during the challenges, it's likely that writers make them up while watching the footage and Jeff records them later to get edited into the shows. Whenever there's a challenge involving balls, Jeff is a non-stop double entendre machine.

*it was probably not Jay, I just needed to plug in someone's name

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
One other thought - the fact that the reward challenge was geared to two tribes leads some credence to the idea that they merged earlier than originally planned.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
You would think players would have learned by now, don't piss off the other players at Tribal Council. Especially if the vote is still somewhat undecided because you've just offered yourself up and you will be voted out.
Jonas wasn't one of my favorite players, but as soon as he started speaking at tribal, I had a feeling it was over for him.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I agree but I still think it was a poor decision. He's a sushi chef, on a island surrounded by fish. And look what he did with the coconut. Why would you vote that out so early? Maybe half of the tribe was still full from the pizza and the beer to be thinking clearly.
They'll miss him later when they're hungry. lol

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is starting to smell like the season when Chris was the last man standing amongst a slew of women at the end.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/90#post_3913704
This is starting to smell like the season when Chris was the last man standing amongst a slew of women at the end.
That's right. Twila, Scout and (mmmmmm) Ami.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sad to see that Colton is still being featured in the
show recap. He's long gone, let's move on from that
horrible, sorry individual.

This was the first episode in memory that you could tell
well in advance who was about to be voted out.

From Mike initially talking about (at camp) not being one
who would be blindsighted, to the ominous music that played
when the camera showed his face at tribal council. I don't
think there was any doubt that Mike was going home.

Nice not to be manipulated for once.

Kind of like Tarzan staying alive in this game. He's kind
of funny to watch and really, he's really harmless.

Is it too early to wager on a winner of this game?

I think it's going to be one of the women. Either Kim
or Sabrina would be my choice.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Tarzan reminds me a little bit of Phillip from Boston Rob's winning season, except he's far less likable. I agree completely about Sabrina and Kim getting to the end. Maybe Chelsea and even surprisingly Jay have a shot as well. I still find it hard to root for any of these players, but the show is a whole lot better since Colton left.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Brent M said:
As far as I'm concerned, he's a spoiled, obnoxious, overly flamboyant piece of shit and I was glad to see him go. After everything he'd said and done I didn't feel the least bit sorry for him as he was writhing around in pain. I've had appendicitis and undergone emergency surgery to get it out so I know the pain involved and even that didn't get me to muster up any sympathy for him. If they bring him back for an All-Stars installment I won't watch and I have a feeling a lot of other people feel the same way....hopefully CBS gets wind of that.
Brent, I'm certainly not defending Colton. Just pointing out that in my opinion he seems to be sucking up to the producers trying to get invited back for an all-star or misfit season.
I'm 100% with Ronald Epstein and if Colton does somehow make it back, that's a season I'll skip.
To bad about Mike last night, one of the few remaining nice guys left. What's left is a very odd tribe, no true leader, just a mixup of different personalities. Looking forward to how this plays out. I actually hope the guys outsmart the girls and gain control, but with Tarzan being such a wildcard I wonder if it can happen.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'd enjoy this episode more if it was just an hour of Chelsea reclining while in her bikini top.

Right on, Patrick!

I was checkin' that out, too. Chelsea is a great piece
of eye candy. Enjoying watching her this season.

So, I am not certain I kept up on the vote count correctly,
but I am guessing that Troy may have not needed to play
the idol (though I understood why he did) as Helium Jay
would have been voted out in any case.

...but what a shame Alicia came close without being
voted out. I have been gunning for her ever since watching
her harass Christina.

Definitely looking like the woman will continue picking off
the guys and that we may very well see one of them as the
last standing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What an odd immunity challenge. Nearly everyone ducked off--thinking they were safe. After it was over (with Leif voluntarily giving up to let Chelsea win...and then even giving her some of his food!!!) I said to my wife that no one among them deserves to win.

Obviously, Kim is the survivor who has been playing the strongest game this entire time. I hope she or Chelsea wins (although Kim seems much more deserving for plotting out strategy).

And I hope Jay was thinking about how good that fried chicken was as he walked away from tribal council...

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I don't understand which team Tarzan is playing for? He voted for Jay. Dumb question here....what exactly is his strategy? And Troyzan was the only one to vote for Kim, i.e. the biggest threat. I really do not understand this season at all.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Patrick Sun said:
I'd enjoy this episode more if it was just an hour of Chelsea reclining while in her bikini top.
reclining, bending over, jogging, walking.... even just standing around... as long as it's in her bikini... :D

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Strange episode. Other than Tarzan's odd vote, he seems to have regained his sanity. Maybe it was just an act.
I hope the women implode on each other and boost Alicia next. Couldn't stand her from day one. Unless they're careful, I see them all mistrusting each other and doing a little backstabbing.
Kat (is she the dumb blonde) seems like she might be flexible with her vote and easily go with the guys.
To bad Troyzan got tricked into using the HII. Vote recap played very fast and I may have missed it, but looked like he only got one vote. Shouldn't have listened to the gossip.
My personal favorite to win would be Leif. Doesn't say anything stupid I recall like not knowing what appendicitis is. Does his job, pretty good at challenges (except giving up the last one which he could have easily taken), but stays pretty quiet. No major alliance, but also no major enemies. Might come from behind and take it all.
Plus I think it's still earlier enough in the game the producers may put out another HII. If used properly, it could be a game changer.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Ronald Epstein said:
Not much to say about this week's installment.
Very surprised Jonas was voted out. Should have
been Tarzan, or better yet, Alicia.   
Show seems to be going nowhere fast -- and it's
not for the lack of Colton being gone.  Just not
an interesting season for me.
Still get a laugh whenever Jay speaks with all
the helium references made by this group.
thanks Ron. I haven't watched even a minute of survivor this season and from the sounds of it I'm not missing a thing.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Stan said:
To bad Troyzan got tricked into using the HII. Vote recap played very fast and I may have missed it, but looked like he only got one vote. Shouldn't have listened to the gossip.
I thought we might have gotten short changed on the episode as it looked like Kim and Chelsea were planning to split the vote with Troy getting the most and Jay getting the backup votes. For the vote to swing as heavily as it did (Troy got 2 and I think Jay got 5), the show usually would have dropped a line somewhere with "what if Troy has an idol at TC?" I assume they must have discussed flipping if necessary. For the vote to swing so heavily based only on Troy's statements at TC would have been good instinct. Unless it was obvious to them during the entirety of TC that he was not bluffing.
I'm actually enjoying the season. The challenges have been very good and because they mostly all have a physical and a puzzle component, seem to be balanced. I also like the relative anonymity of the characters. Doesn't feel like they are force feeding me a protagonist and antagonist.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Charlie Campisi said:
I also like the relative anonymity of the characters. Doesn't feel like they are force feeding me a protagonist and antagonist.
I'm also starting to enjoy this. No obvious favorite or obnoxious character, the worst are gone. Now it's just down to who has the smarts to pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks