Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

No HDMI Video

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   pandry15

pandry15

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 10:40 AM

I just hooked up my new receiver last night - Pioneer VSX921k. I hooked up my Blu-ray player to the HDMI input on the receiver, HDMI output to TV. I was able to view Netflix on the BR player but when I put in a BR disc the video did not show although I did get the audio. One suggestion I got was my HDMI cables could not handle the high def picture and I needed to upgrade the cables. Any ideas?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   jimzcatz

jimzcatz

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 11:33 AM

HDMI is designed for hi-def.Check to be sure the output for BR disk play is set to HDMI from the player

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   pandry15

pandry15

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 10:01 AM

thanks for the reply - I exchanged the unit at Costco and also bought a pair of HDMI cables there - $24.95 for two "high speed" cables. So it was either the cables or the unit but everything is working great now. I bought my last receiver (another Pioneer) over 10 years ago and spent over a grand for it - this one cost 199 bucks and the sound is amazing! (it's hooked up to B&W speakers) - my system is now shaking the house again....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users