What's new

No HDMI Video (1 Viewer)

pandry15

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
I just hooked up my new receiver last night - Pioneer VSX921k. I hooked up my Blu-ray player to the HDMI input on the receiver, HDMI output to TV. I was able to view Netflix on the BR player but when I put in a BR disc the video did not show although I did get the audio. One suggestion I got was my HDMI cables could not handle the high def picture and I needed to upgrade the cables. Any ideas?

jimzcatz

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Scarpine
HDMI is designed for hi-def.Check to be sure the output for BR disk play is set to HDMI from the player

pandry15

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
thanks for the reply - I exchanged the unit at Costco and also bought a pair of HDMI cables there - $24.95 for two "high speed" cables. So it was either the cables or the unit but everything is working great now. I bought my last receiver (another Pioneer) over 10 years ago and spent over a grand for it - this one cost 199 bucks and the sound is amazing! (it's hooked up to B&W speakers) - my system is now shaking the house again....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks