What's new

New Build (1 Viewer)

metino

Auditioning
Real Name
Mets
Hey guys, Im a long time reader and decided to join to share and get more advice as I am currently getting a dedicated area made in my back yard for my home theatre. It will be a colourbond shed on concrete slab 7m x 7m, i will be insulating and sound proofing all walls and ceiling, hoping to put a pool table and bar at the back of the room. The equipment i have purchased so far are: Panasonic Projector - PTA-E7000 Yamaha Amplifier - RXV3800 Klipsch speakers - 2 x F30 fronts - 1 x C20 centre - 4 x S20 surround and rear - 1 x SW350 subwoofer Playstation 3, Wii, NAS Still need to purchase some kind of electric reclining chairs. I will update with pics of the build process, initial construction should start on March 3rd (if everything goes to plan). If anyone has any ideas and advice on the way i should lay everything out it would be appreciated. Thank you Mets

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum. You have some nice gear picked out and I look forward to seeing the pics. Without seeing a layout the only suggestion I have so far would be to change the shape a bit. A square shaped room can lead to some acoustical problems.

metino

Auditioning
Real Name
Mets
unfortunately i cant change the design of the shed, as i am getting a really good deal on it, but when i gyprock the inside, i will try and do the side walls a lot thicker than the front and back to try and make it more rectangle. What is the best way to put the front speakers and centre in the room i sort of want them hidden and not sticking out more than the screen ? The shed is getting delivered on Tuesday and the concrete will be getting laid on Saturday if the weather holds off.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
What is a colourbond shed? What is your climate and will it be heated or have A/C? The only way to truly hide the front speakers is to use an acoustic transparent screen, with the speakers behind the screen. Otherwise, you wall mount the center speaker above or below the screen, and the 2 fronts surface mounted on each side. Or do you mean in-wall speakers? I would not use in-wall speakers due to sound quality sacrifices and lack of future versatility(should you decide to move or change your screen size).

metino

Auditioning
Real Name
Mets
This is very similar to the shed i am getting built (colourbond is the steel used). It does get pretty hot where i am, and i will be installing a split system aircon. Im going to lay floating floor boards on the concrete and then carpet for the flooring, insulation in the walls and ceiling and hopefully that will be enough to stop the heat getting in and the sound getting out :) Thanks for the ideas about the speakers, i wont be doing in wall, pretty much for the reasons you mentioned.

metino

Auditioning
Real Name
Mets
This is very similar to the shed i am getting built (colourbond is the steel used). It does get pretty hot where i am, and i will be installing a split system aircon. Im going to lay floating floor boards on the concrete and then carpet for the flooring, insulation in the walls and ceiling and hopefully that will be enough to stop the heat getting in and the sound getting out :) Thanks for the ideas about the speakers, i wont be doing in wall, pretty much for the reasons you mentioned.

metino

Auditioning
Real Name
Mets

metino

Auditioning
Real Name
Mets
unfortunately it has been raining non so have not been able to start any work, the forecast for the rest of the month, so not liking my chances of getting the concrete layed soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks