What's new

Boston Acoustics VR950 Blown Tweeter (1 Viewer)

SteveSkal

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven Skalkowski
I just picked up a set of these speakers for the primary speakers of my theater and one tweeter is not working, I called BA and they don't make that tweeter anymore, they said they had an alternate replacement for a while but discontinued that one as well, they gave me original part number of 010-000490 and the replacement if 010-000527 which a google search yielded nothing at all. So my question is what are my options? Can anyone recommend another tweeter that would fit? I would have to replace both tweeter at this point then, I don't mind having to modify a bit to get a different tweeter to fit but want something of at least the same or better quality. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum Steve. That's rough when the replacement has been discontinued. I had a VR center speaker years ago and it was a great sounding piece. I am still using the VR subwoofer too. I would start with www.partsexpress.com While they may not carry either of those models they sell a lot of speaker components and may have something that would work.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Parts Express now does offer driver rebuilds, though I don't know if they do tweeters or not, so it might be worth checking with them for sure. Next best bet would be to check ebay and see if you can pick up another single or possibly another pair of those same speakers and keep the one for spare parts. www.madisound.com and www.speakerrepair.com may be able to help as well.

SteveSkal

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven Skalkowski
Well that is a no go on all accounts, Parts Express doesn't repair tweeters, madisound doesn't even repair speakers? Unless anyone else has any great ideas I will be stuck scouring the internet trying to find a used Boston Acoustics VR Tweeter :(

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Or, as mentioned, scour ebay for a used speaker that you can use for parts or as a replacement and keep the current one for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks