What's new

The Complete 'Riverboat' coming on 5/15/12 (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
My crystal ball swore me to secrecy but since Amazon is now advertising this, I think it's safe to mention that the Complete Riverboat is coming this May, from Timeless (of course)!

Gary "another solid release from Timeless Media" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Found the listing, and I have to admit I'm perplexed as to why only 6 discs for 44 HOUR long episodes. They pushed compression pretty tight in the original release with five episodes per disc, but this is really stretching it!

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thanks for this great news, Gary...and for keeping the polish on your mystical crystal ball...oh, how I wish Timeless had this kind of deal and access with other studio rightsholders...really looking forward to having RIVERBOAT complete...

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Me too. It's always bothered me that for the past 20 or so years since all of the Universal film prints came out that this and Arrest and Trial both had one episode that never made the rounds. So it will be nice to finally get that last elusive episode.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Neil Brock said:
Me too. It's always bothered me that for the past 20 or so years since all of the Universal film prints came out quote] To what are you referring?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
JoeDoakes said:
To what are you referring?
When Universal cleaned out their vault of the old syndicated 16mm prints 3 decades ago, they got into the hands of film collectors.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
When Universal cleaned out their vault of the old syndicated 16mm prints 3 decades ago, they got into the hands of film collectors.
Yes, but unfortunately only MOST of the black and white shows made it out and none of the color shows. Some numbskull got ahold of a print that a dealer neglected to take the warehouse address off of. So this moron actually then goes down to Universal and asks if he can get the films directly from them. That ended it for everybody and so all of the color prints as well as the black and white series that they hadn't gotten to yet wound up at the scrap heap.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
Yes, but unfortunately only MOST of the black and white shows made it out and none of the color shows. Some numbskull got ahold of a print that a dealer neglected to take the warehouse address off of. So this moron actually then goes down to Universal and asks if he can get the films directly from them. That ended it for everybody and so all of the color prints as well as the black and white series that they hadn't gotten to yet wound up at the scrap heap.
Did anyone ever find out who this moron was? :) I did recall hearing on some stuff came out and others didn't.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Neil Brock said:
Well, I guess you won't do that again. Really, how were the dealers getting the prints?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
JoeDoakes said:
Well, I guess you won't do that again. Really, how were the dealers getting the prints?
I don't think Neil was referring to himself... well, I hope not - I'd hate to think HE was responsible for the rest of the stuff not getting out and into collector's hands.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
I don't think Neil was referring to himself... well, I hope not - I'd hate to think HE was responsible for the rest of the stuff not getting out and into collector's hands.
Uh, no, I'm not that stupid. And I don't think we ever found out who it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks