Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

'The Office' Dwight Schrute spinoff

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Producer

• 3,087 posts

Posted February 11 2012 - 04:20 AM

http://www.deadline....013-new-launch/ I don't know how well this will do, but I'll watch it.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,589 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 11 2012 - 07:26 AM

That might be a fun idea but I pray that they end The Office by the time that they'd lose Rainn Wilson or by the end of that year. Due to age and losing Michael Scott, the show isn't the same anymore so I can't imagine what it would be like without Dwight.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,312 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 11 2012 - 08:10 AM

They should have ended "The Office" when Steve Carell left and started this directly with the next season.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,312 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 10:56 AM

Just my personal opinion, so please no bashing. I'm curious if anyone else was considered for Steve Carell;s part. If you've ever seen an actor who just constantly grates on your nerves, he's mine. Absolutely can't stand him. Don't know why, but I find him completely unwatchable. Maybe he's got just a little bit of everything in him that really annoys me. A few odd characteristics and you ignore them, otherwise we'd never have any friends, but he is overly blessed with everything I seem to find obnoxious. Whatever they've got Rainn scheduled for, I'll give it a shot. He's quirky, but talented and interesting to watch.
Stan

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 08:38 PM

Just my personal opinion, so please no bashing. I'm curious if anyone else was considered for Steve Carell;s part. If you've ever seen an actor who just constantly grates on your nerves, he's mine.

Paul F. Tompkins talked about being considered for "The Office" in an interview on the KCRW show "The Business."
= Derek Miner =
Co-founder, Sunscreen Film Festival

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 290 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted February 12 2012 - 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stan 

Just my personal opinion, so please no bashing.
I'm curious if anyone else was considered for Steve Carell;s part. If you've ever seen an actor who just constantly grates on your nerves, he's mine.

That's Jim Carey for me. Feel exactly the same way. I don't care what he does, can't stand him. I almost died when he was in the audition episode last year. At the time, I thought that's it for this show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users