Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 of 149 ONLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,790 posts

Posted June 04 2012 - 05:41 AM

What is Sansa's deal? Why stick around? She (deservedly so) hates all the Lannisters, especially Joffrey.

Because as much as she hates the Lannisters, she fears them even more. The show has consistently shown that Sansa's private and public feelings are diametrically opposed and that she realizes her survival depends upon her allegiance to Joffrey despite her true feelings. Any attempt at escape that she makes had better succeed or the consequences will be dire. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#142 of 149 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,093 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted June 04 2012 - 09:10 AM

Some additional thoughts about last night:
  • Tyrion getting screwed out of glory. Fucked up? Yes. Surprising? Nope. What Varys was telling him about how everyone will remember who actually won that battle is gonna play heavy next season. At this point, except for Tywin, he's the one Lannister who commands any sort of real respect. Looking forward to seeing how that plays.
  • Joffrey's seriously gonna stop fucking Margaery Tyrell to keep a 15-year-old virgin on standby? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT KID? I'm looking forward to Cersei getting a load of that chick.
  • Brienne shoved a sword from a dude's dick to his neck, and took her time. I think I'm in love. And Jaime was impressed. He'll never admit it, but he was impressed.
  • Dragonfire is very interesting in this universe. Dany played her big card, and nothing happens but this little puff of smoke. Which makes Pree think, "Oh, is that all you've got? Obviously these dragons aren't big enough to do any OH GOD I'M ON FIRE" Classic villainous hubris.
  • As staunchly as I am on Team Tyrion, I did get a hard chuckle at Pycelle's smug little, "For your trouble" coin-toss. It had me thinking on all the fantastic senior-citizen actors on the show, and how strongly (and flat-out selfishly, more than I care to admit) I hope the show doesn't run into a Mortality Problem™ any more than they may run into a Walt Problem™ with the great child actors.
Carice Van Houten said in an interview that she threw Davos in jail in the finale, so I guess they cut that scene. I'm also unsure of how they could have even fit that into the finale, when Davos was last seen being blown off his ship and into the water. Then you would need scenes of him floating in the wreckage, being rescued, plotting to kill Melisandre on his return, etc. 295 more days 'till Winter. Fuck True Blood -- time to scrap that show, give the budget to Game of Thrones, and have 22-episode seasons. I kid, of course, but only barely.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#143 of 149 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,303 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted June 05 2012 - 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by joshEH 

And Jaime was impressed. He'll never admit it, but he was impressed.

He wouldn't have to - his face said it all.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#144 of 149 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,942 posts

Posted June 05 2012 - 11:23 PM

Great season finale, and a great season overall. There's an awful lot of moving parts and a lot to keep up with. And did I miss something? When did Margaery Tyrell and Loras Tyrell come to Joffrey's aid? That was an interesting turn of events I didn't see.

#145 of 149 OFFLINE   Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted June 06 2012 - 01:29 AM

When Tywin arrived to save the day, he arrived with the Tyrells and their bannermen. It's part of what gave the Lannister's numbers, and is why they're deeply indebted.

Studios, caption your internet streams.

#146 of 149 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,093 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted June 14 2012 - 07:52 AM

...So what's the holdup on the "Tywin's-Horse-Shits-in-Close-Up" .GIF? I thought that'd be the #1 conversation-ender on the Internet by now. Game of Thrones-style house-sigils for other TV shows: http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#147 of 149 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,113 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted June 14 2012 - 11:49 PM

I rewatched Season 2 and after the death of Renly, the Tyrells if I recall get Littlefinger to go to Lannister to negotiate with him. I remember Margaery saying she doesn't want to be A queen she wants to the THE queen. That was way back in Episode 4 or 5 and you also see in a later episode Littlefinger negotiating with Tywin when Arya is serving them

#148 of 149 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,370 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 13 2012 - 01:57 PM

Season 3 Casting Video:

#149 of 149 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,640 posts
  • LocationSince 2006