Some additional thoughts about last night:
- Tyrion getting screwed out of glory. Fucked up? Yes. Surprising? Nope. What Varys was telling him about how everyone will remember who actually won that battle is gonna play heavy next season. At this point, except for Tywin, he's the one Lannister who commands any sort of real respect. Looking forward to seeing how that plays.
- Joffrey's seriously gonna stop fucking Margaery Tyrell to keep a 15-year-old virgin on standby? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT KID? I'm looking forward to Cersei getting a load of that chick.
- Brienne shoved a sword from a dude's dick to his neck, and took her time. I think I'm in love. And Jaime was impressed. He'll never admit it, but he was impressed.
- Dragonfire is very interesting in this universe. Dany played her big card, and nothing happens but this little puff of smoke. Which makes Pree think, "Oh, is that all you've got? Obviously these dragons aren't big enough to do any OH GOD I'M ON FIRE" Classic villainous hubris.
- As staunchly as I am on Team Tyrion, I did get a hard chuckle at Pycelle's smug little, "For your trouble" coin-toss. It had me thinking on all the fantastic senior-citizen actors on the show, and how strongly (and flat-out selfishly, more than I care to admit) I hope the show doesn't run into a Mortality Problem™ any more than they may run into a Walt Problem™ with the great child actors.
Carice Van Houten said in an interview that she threw Davos in jail in the finale, so I guess they cut that scene. I'm also unsure of how they could have even fit that into the finale, when Davos was last seen being blown off his ship and into the water. Then you would need scenes of him floating in the wreckage, being rescued, plotting to kill Melisandre on his return, etc.
295 more days 'till Winter.
Fuck True Blood
-- time to scrap that show, give the budget to Game of Thrones
, and have 22-episode seasons. I kid, of course, but only barely.