Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Blu-ray package question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'd like to know something about BDs and their packaging: why is it that BDs come in cases that are clear blue and more of a rounded square as compared to taller DVD cases?
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's original opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1985 season, Jim Nantz's debut)

#2 of 3 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,277 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted February 07 2012 - 10:31 AM

It is one of the strategies to differentiate itself from the DVD format.

When Blu-ray and HD-DVD were competing, HD-DVD was in similar sized cases, but clear red.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 3 bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 11:10 AM

It is one of the strategies to differentiate itself from the DVD format. When Blu-ray and HD-DVD were competing, HD-DVD was in similar sized cases, but clear red.

Ah! I'm learning something new every day. That's what I wanted to know. I asked because my family recently got a BD player, and so far, I have 6 films in that format.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's original opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1985 season, Jim Nantz's debut)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users