-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Blu-ray package question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'd like to know something about BDs and their packaging: why is it that BDs come in cases that are clear blue and more of a rounded square as compared to taller DVD cases?
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's original opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1985 season, Jim Nantz's debut)

#2 of 3 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,371 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted February 07 2012 - 10:31 AM

It is one of the strategies to differentiate itself from the DVD format.

When Blu-ray and HD-DVD were competing, HD-DVD was in similar sized cases, but clear red.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 3 bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 11:10 AM

It is one of the strategies to differentiate itself from the DVD format. When Blu-ray and HD-DVD were competing, HD-DVD was in similar sized cases, but clear red.

Ah! I'm learning something new every day. That's what I wanted to know. I asked because my family recently got a BD player, and so far, I have 6 films in that format.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's original opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1985 season, Jim Nantz's debut)