Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Blu-ray package question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'd like to know something about BDs and their packaging: why is it that BDs come in cases that are clear blue and more of a rounded square as compared to taller DVD cases?
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season, modified from what it was in 1985, in that "other financial services" was said instead of just "financial services")

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,643 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted February 07 2012 - 10:31 AM

It is one of the strategies to differentiate itself from the DVD format.

When Blu-ray and HD-DVD were competing, HD-DVD was in similar sized cases, but clear red.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 11:10 AM

It is one of the strategies to differentiate itself from the DVD format. When Blu-ray and HD-DVD were competing, HD-DVD was in similar sized cases, but clear red.

Ah! I'm learning something new every day. That's what I wanted to know. I asked because my family recently got a BD player, and so far, I have 6 films in that format.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season, modified from what it was in 1985, in that "other financial services" was said instead of just "financial services")