Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Meet Bob Furmanek: HTF Golden Age 3-D Consultant

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

#1161 of 1162 Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 312 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted July 27 2014 - 03:01 PM

Alas and alack, I will not make it myself. But have a great show!

I put in my preorder already for Dragonfly Squadron already. I will be pre-ordering The Bubble when available. Glad to hear there's more to the Rarities disc. That's the one I'm most looking forward to. :)

BTW, you do understand I am required to ask if ARENA could be one of those MOMA showings? You could show it in a double with Kiss Me Kate and advertise it as the MGM 50s 3D films.  :D In all fairness, it is the only one of the fifties 3D films shown in the last ten or so years that I've NOT seen in 3D. I managed to scope out Cat Women of the Moon and Hannah Lee in Field Sequential and the other 40 I've seen in the theaters between the 06 and 13 Expos, The Lafayette, and the Film Forum. So yeah, it would be a burn to never get to see it in 3D. :( Of course, I'd also be amused if you showed El Corazan Y La Espada (a title I just love saying, much like the Spanish title for THE MONSTER AND THE APE--El Monstro Y El Simio!)

• Bob Furmanek likes this

Viewing a 3D movie in 2D is kinda like viewing a Scope movie in Pan and Scan.

#1162 of 1162 Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,247 posts

Posted July 27 2014 - 04:01 PM

I'm sorry you can't make it, Todd. Hopefully next time!

The only 3-D titles that MOMA can run have to be on DCP so I don't think ARENA is a possibility. I'm sorry about that.

Thanks for the pre-order on DRAGONFLY. With all the work Greg has done on it since the premiere, it'll be like seeing it for the first time.

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Snipe_zpsa426c063.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users