What's new

Home Theater Speakers and Subwoofer not working (1 Viewer)

Paleh0rse

Auditioning
Real Name
Darryl
I've just finished renovating my living room and was putting back my home theater. I don't think i've ever really had it hooked up properly to begin with. I'm having two problems. Here's my setup: http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3300-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B003BEDQR6 with two additional Klipsch speakers. http://www.klipsch.com/ksf-10-5 The problem I'm having is I can't get all seven speakers to work. I'm not sure if its a limitation of my amp/home theater system or I've got something wrong. All the speakers are hooked up correctly as i've triple checked it and can get 5/7 working but i'm having problems with the second set of front speakers. I've played around with the settings for inputs/speaker A & B that Onkyo has on the amp. The second problem I'm having is I cant get the subwoofer to work at all. With all 5/7 speakers working, the subwoofer still won't function. I've enabled the subwoofer in the settings and played with the audio adjustments but its still dead. I don't think there's anything physical wrong with the subwoofer as i've taken it apart and everything seems to be in good condition. Not much to them really. Leads me to believe that it's a problem with the amp itself. Would an amp have a separate fuse for just the subwoofer? I'm at a loss and can't think of anything else to try. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
One way to check if your sub is working is to connect the RCA cable to the sub input - power it on, turn it up about half-way and touch the other end of the RCA cable. If it's working it will emit a hum-like sound. If the sub is working - make sure you have it connected to the sub "pre-out" on your receiver and not to a sub "pre-in". Made a service call just last week where the client had his sub connected to the 7ch input sub jack instead of the sub out jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks