-

Photo
- - - - -

PN51D8000 Screen saver option?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   raehza

raehza

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted January 31 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hey, just got this TV and I am impressed with it so far. I did notice small burn in's already while I went through the Spears and Munsil calibration disc for the first time. I left a few pages up for like 5-10 mins at a time to read up on what they actually do on the internet. When switching pages I noticed a very minor burn in, that has already disappeared by now. My question is, does this TV have a screen saver mode that you can simply activate? For example, what if I listen to music on youtube, the screen will mostly not change at all. Can't I turn the screen dark, or off while youtube is running? Ray

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,326 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted February 01 2012 - 03:51 AM

image retention is not burn in. Image retention is about the only weakness of plasma technology.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,326 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted February 01 2012 - 04:30 AM

forgot to add: Burn in can and does also happen on plasmas (part of the same weakness).

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   raehza

raehza

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted February 01 2012 - 04:38 AM

I know about the Burn In, didn't know what Image Retention is. I guess it's a form of "weak" burn in that is temporary? Having this constant fear of burning something onto your screen could be annoying... hmmm. I guess I will see how it'll pan out in the next few weeks. thanks for the help. I did find option in the TV menu that may aid with IR, like pixel moving etc. Ray