What's new

No text for "Wiring Nuvi" (1 Viewer)

silverhawk

Auditioning
Real Name
George E Simms Jr
After installing the AV Navigator CD on my laptop computer.running Vista and Windows 8, the "Wiring Navi" section does not contain any text. Only diagrams and the radio buttons. Without text it is impossible to interactively setup my VX-1121k receiver. Isn't the "User Account Control" box supposed to appear in prior to the Wiring Nuvi section loading?. Don't believe the problem is this CD since will load correctly on a computer running XP.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Is the software designed to work with windows Vista/7/8? Do you know you are connected to the receiver? Do you connect with ethernet or USB? If USB, verify you are connected to it as it could be a USB driver issue with the newer version of Windows.

silverhawk

Auditioning
Real Name
George E Simms Jr
Have not connected to the receiver yet. "Wiring Nuvi" is supposed to give you all the instructions how to wire and connect to the receiver. The first portion does not show any text, only some diagrams and empty radio buttons. After that the program will instruct you to turn on the receiver.using "Detection" I will be connecting wireless to the receiver using a Netgear WNCE 2001 Internet Adaprer on the receiver.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Have you tried running in compatibility mode? Right click on the exe file and select the compatibility tab and pick the best options. If that doesn't work I would try the receiver manufacturer.

silverhawk

Auditioning
Real Name
George E Simms Jr
I hadn't heard of Compatibility Mode before. I tried several configurations of it, but it did not work for this program. However, it's worth noting for future use, I did contact Pioneer earlier, but their comment was that since there was nothing wrong with their AVNavigator program, the problem must lie somewhere in my computer. -- Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks