-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

X-men : First Class sequel officially returning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#1 of 114 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 09:40 PM

Good news indeed http://www.hollywood...ssbender-285814

X-Men: First Class successfully relaunched the marquee franchise, and was one of the best reviewed tentpoles of the year, as well as earning $353.6 million worldwide. The sequel should benefit from the attention Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence have attracted via upcoming projects such as Fassbender’s Prometheus and Lawrence’s starring role in the hotly anticipated adaptation of The Hunger Games.

Should be amazing
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 114 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,087 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted January 31 2012 - 04:47 AM

I would love it if Vaughn followed through with his original intention for the opening: [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]The sequel opens 13 months after the end of "First Class", in Dallas. Lee Harvey Oswald points his gun out the window of the book depository, and fires his Carcano M91/38 bolt-action rifle at the presidential motorcade. Magneto, watching from the grassy knoll, guides the bullets straight into President Kennedy. We see Jackie clutching her husband, covered in his blood, cut to title.[/SPOILER]

#3 of 114 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted February 01 2012 - 05:30 AM

I think it's a good sign when they interviewed Michael Fassbender recently, and asked him if he would be back for this. His answer was essentially, well, I have to be, I signed a contract. He sounded thrilled. THRILLED. I really can't see Fassbender being that pissed about going back to work for one of the main people responsible for putting him on the scene in such a big way this year. I imagine he'd be, you know -- appreciative. Maybe he's just not overeager to go and look at Zoe Kravitz for ten hours a day? Now that they're quits, and all. I assume that would be pretty awkward. Regardless, I'm pretty happy Vaughn is back. I think most of the credit for First Class's energy and verve can be laid at his feet. All I really want is more of the same.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#4 of 114 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,087 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 01 2012 - 10:09 AM

If Fassbender's a pro, it shouldn't matter whether he's psyched about making another one or not. I guess we should be glad they locked him down when they had the chance, because he makes a great younger Magneto. I guess we shouldn't count on him past First Class 2 & 3. Contrast his attitude to Ian McKellan, a bona fide Shakespearean actor, who always had a great appreciation for the role this series played in his film career. I guess Fassbender just hasn't had that humbling moment where the plum roles aren't coming any more. After the success of "Shame" he probably feels like he's got the world at his feet and doesn't want to be burdened with doing the same old thing.

#5 of 114 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted February 01 2012 - 05:02 PM

You're likely right on the money -- but I have to wonder if Fassbender was exhausted with interviews that day when he spouted that off. Was doing some more reading earlier this evening, and pretty much every other interview I found with him that brought up First Class 2 resulted in him enthusiastically spitballing ideas for where they might go with a second (and third) film. But yeah, either way, I'm very happy about this. First Class and Rise of the Planet of the Apes were, unexpectedly, two of my favorite movies from the past year, and Vaughn was a big reason for the former. With the exception of January Jones, he did a pretty great job with the casting, and he managed to inject some of the "Bond"-magic into a franchise I had begun to stop caring about.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#6 of 114 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,876 posts

Posted February 05 2012 - 07:18 AM

If Fassbender's a pro, it shouldn't matter whether he's psyched about making another one or not. I guess we should be glad they locked him down when they had the chance, because he makes a great younger Magneto. I guess we shouldn't count on him past First Class 2 & 3. Contrast his attitude to Ian McKellan, a bona fide Shakespearean actor, who always had a great appreciation for the role this series played in his film career. I guess Fassbender just hasn't had that humbling moment where the plum roles aren't coming any more. After the success of "Shame" he probably feels like he's got the world at his feet and doesn't want to be burdened with doing the same old thing.

See I appreciate when so called "real" actors appreciate their roles...no matter what film or show it is. Contrast this to Ian McDiarmond & Alec Guiness who always talk(ed) about their Star Wars roles as beneath them.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#7 of 114 Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:41 AM

Matthew Vaughn out as director of Days of Future Past.

http://www.deadline....er-replace-him/

Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#8 of 114 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,558 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:48 AM

Matthew Vaughn is out! I don't know what happened to the other thread. I had asked for a title change recently, but just noticed that the whole thread is gone. There wasn't much info in it to start with, so no big deal. Anyway, Matthew Vaughn will no longer be directing. Jesus Frickin Christmas, he did that with X3 and look what wound up happening with that... it got Ratner, and we all know how that turned out. They say Brian Singer is being considered to take over. http://m.deadline.co...er-replace-him/ **Mods: Please delete this redundant thread**
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#9 of 114 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,558 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:58 AM

Jesus Frickin Christmas! He did that with X3 and look what wound up happening with that... it got Ratner to replace him, and we all know how that turned out. They say Brian Singer is being considered to take over. He got it off the ground with the first one a did a great job with X2, so hopefully that pans out.

#10 of 114 dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,130 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 02:15 PM

Just get Vaughn back! Singer is the wrong choice to direct IMO. Let him produce but someone else needs to be calling the shots on-set. First Class was great! Don't eff it up Fox.

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#11 of 114 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,558 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 03:41 PM

Vaughn seems to have a pattern of leaving projects. He left Thor. He left X3. He actually left First Class before he came back. Now he left Days of Future Past. The weird thing is that he left to direct another Fox film that is one of Mark Millar's comic adaptations. Mark Millar is supposed to be consulting/guiding Fox's "Marvel" film universe, so it's weird to think Millar took him away from a "Marvel" project to do a Millar project. Vaughn is staying on as a producer. He didn't do that with Thor or X3, so he still seems to have interest in the movie. He, along with Brian Singer, had a hand in developing the story. Maybe he saw Singer, who is producing, had more passion for this story than he did himself so they agreed to switch roles? We'll probably know soon either way since filming is supposed to start in a few months.

#12 of 114 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,558 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:54 AM

Brian Singer is confirmed to direct! Vaughn stays on as producer. http://www.superhero...-of-future-past

#13 of 114 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,087 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:54 AM

Bryan Singer officially directing First Class sequel

#14 of 114 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted October 30 2012 - 01:13 PM

This is a great hire.   I'm glad to see Singer back.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#15 of 114 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,558 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 07:01 AM

Brian Singer confirms that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are returning in Days of Future Past! http://www.superhero...-of-future-past

#16 of 114 Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,260 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 03:45 PM

Wow! What a cast!
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#17 of 114 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,558 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hugh Jackman is in talks to appear in the film as Wolverine http://www.hollywood...an-talks-395364

#18 of 114 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,771 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 08:18 AM

Wolverine is central to the storyline of the source material; no telling what they will do in the movie. Hoping new and old get a chance to shine. It may be heresy to some, but I sure hope Halle Berry's phone doesn't ring. James Marsden, Famke Janssen? Bring 'em back.

#19 of 114 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,558 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 09:08 AM

Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore will be returning for Days of Future Past! http://www.superhero...-of-future-past

#20 of 114 JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 05:30 PM

Thats good news, but I think the one alot of people are waiting to hear about is Marsden.

The alternate timeline allows for Cyclops to get a second chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users