Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Grainy Picture with Blue Ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   ColoradoMark

ColoradoMark

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 02:51 AM

I just installed a new high end system. JVC X-7 3D Projector, Pioneer Elite SC 55 and a Pioneer BD player. The picture quality for animated 3D movies is jaw dropping. However, when I watch a non animated Blue Ray the picture is very grainy, with red flecks or snow showing, especially in dark scenes. Any thoughts on what is going on?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   ColoradoMark

ColoradoMark

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 09:23 AM

Purchased everything from a local (Denver) Pioneer reseller, who also does instal. I have a dedicated theater room in my home. I trust the calibration was done correctly... but maybe not. It's very strange - drop dead gorgeous picture with an animated 3-D Blue Ray. But when I put in a non 3-D Blue Ray the picture is really grainy. In dark scenes I can clearly see red flakes or red snow.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   ColoradoMark

ColoradoMark

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 09:31 AM

All disks. The HDMI cable run is long... about 40 -50 feet. I know it was a high speed cable, thicker than normal.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   ColoradoMark

ColoradoMark

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 31 2012 - 01:55 AM

Will do. Thanks for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users