What's new

HBO's Luck Season 1 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm trying to make heads or tails of this. I watched last night, admittedly after my "first stringers", and I must be dense.. I just don't quite "get it". This may turn into something, but it's going to go on the backburner DVR.. I'll have to catch up in batches later in the season, or do a season all at once.
Still, it's unusual for an HBO show with a cast as big as "Luck" to premiere and get no commentary.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I dig the show so far but it's not for everyone (and I'm sure HBO doesn't expect it to be as big as Games Of Thrones or Boardwalk Empire). I think what I like the most about it is that I feel like I'm seeing a part of the world that I know nothing about. While all the racing terminology means nothing to me, I still can keep up with the story.
mattCR said:
I'll have to catch up in batches later in the season, or do a season all at once.
That shouldn't be too hard because from what I read, the season is a whopping 9 episodes.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thought it was just what I expected; excellent.
Also predicted to a friend, who also liked it, that it was so good it probably won't last.

Perhaps it helped that I have a lot of faith in David Milch, and that I used to work at a California track.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Through three episodes so far. It's interesting how such a complex show can be so dull at the same time.

There is way too much esoteric horse racing culture thrown at the viewer with little or no explanation. A bit of that is intriguing; the steady stream of it is just confusing and gets in the way of the plot.

I'll watch the rest, since it's only ten or so episodes, but I hope the storylines get more fleshing out as it goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks